Having a hard time living up to the vets motto

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Our vet says he never complaines about the rain but he does complain about the mud.
5 inches of rain today and it isn;t letting up. That makes 11.65 inches for the month so far. We've been wanting to do springf workup for 2 weeks and it hasn;t been decent enough to do it. Dam calves will be ready to wean by the time we get around to the spring workup

dun":1oa6zvwa said:
Our vet says he never complaines about the rain but he does complain about the mud.
5 inches of rain today and it isn;t letting up. That makes 11.65 inches for the month so far. We've been wanting to do springf workup for 2 weeks and it hasn;t been decent enough to do it. Dam calves will be ready to wean by the time we get around to the spring workup

Lucky you. We're at just less than 7" for the year here, and the majority of that came the first week of January.

They are being washed away down where Fire Sweep is. It rained 6.5 inches in 48 hours in the Springfield area.

True Grit Farms":2xlvf28r said:
dun":2xlvf28r said:

Lucky you. We're at just less than 7" for the year here, and the majority of that came the first week of January.
That's the way we were until friday. Had more rain since then hey we had the whole year up to that point

I feel your pain! We're planning on working all the cattle next Sat - contingent on the weather. The 10 day forecast shows 70% rain for Wed but chances are low the rest of the week. I'll send some sunshine your way :)

Rafter S":303bs1x7 said:
There are worse problems to have. In 2011 I said I'd never complain about rain again.
Same here, but that was severely tested 4 separate times last spring.

from this one day:

to this:

One of ya'll posted this last year--returning the favor..

red angus 2010":1fldj61n said:
Southern Illinois from this Wednesday thru this morning 10 inches and still raining
Finally quit here and ths sun is coming out. Friday through noon today 7 3/4 inches.

red angus 2010":2vly4126 said:
Southern Illinois from this Wednesday thru this morning 10 inches and still raining

I can imagine what it looks like on I-64 through southern Illinois. Those low bottom lands flood when someone up on the Wabash takes a leak. I wonder if the interstate is flooded???

I-44 on either side of Lebanon was closed today from flooding.

greybeard":137ocdu9 said:
red angus 2010":137ocdu9 said:
Does that mean trouble for the Miss River downstream this year?

Most likely, my access to the town where we haul drinking water from will require an additional 20 miles for at least a week because the mississippi river covering roads

Latest posts