Have you heard on the radio?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
The public service announcements about the Pandemic Flu? They keep airing them here. Its starting to make me nervous. Do they know something I don't know? Is this something that they are just doing in Georgia since we are the proud home of the CDC where they have every petullance known to man stored in a building that was built by the lowest bidder and supervised by the government? Am I missing something? Or, more importantly, ARE THEY?

Also have you heard the PSA on the radio put out by the Veterinarians? Recommended that you have you pet brought in for its RISK ASSESSMENT exam? All you do is fill out the quesitonaire about your pets activities and they rank its health risks and recommend certain medicines and such. Gee. I never knew that you could predict what a dog is liable to roll in, eat, lick or do. Man they are smart!

I have missed the flu announcements. Maybe that is a Georgian thing. I got kinda freaked out about it a few years back, but I have not really thought about it this year. I haven't had the flu in dog's years. Boys had it five years ago and I never caught it from them.

Knock wood...

They aren't announcing any such warning here, and the wind has been out of the South for two days now.

BTW, wouldn't a "petulance" warning come from Tara, instead of the CDC?

dun":2bujlmck said:
Must be a Georgia thing

This is what I was afraid of. You should hear it. They tell you to keep at least two weeks worth of food and medicine on hand. To stay indoors if and when it hits. Don't go out in public. Etc etc.

Jogeephus":338qr4an said:
dun":338qr4an said:
Must be a Georgia thing

This is what I was afraid of. You should hear it. They tell you to keep at least two weeks worth of food and medicine on hand. To stay indoors if and when it hits. Don't go out in public. Etc etc.

Maybe they're trying to boost the economy by having the idiots in atlanta buy a lot of food and supplys.

iowafarmer":2kwsrjrl said:
havent heard of such a thing

I hear these announcements at least twice a day. I don't like them cause they promote a sense of gloom. Hopefully the CDC has just got too much money and need to spend it before year's end. Spend it or lose it. I hope that's it.

The vet one is funny to me. I can just imagine what my vet would do if I asked for a risk assessment on #45. :lol2:

The model shows that the next pandemic flu outbreak will either come from a chicken farm in south Georgia, or Hartsfield airport in Atlanta. Probably why you are getting annoucements down there. I'm moving to Alabama! :lol2: No kidding, I just bought some land over there, and in a county that doesn't allow chicken farms! :nod:

RD-Sam":3gbdlkja said:
The model shows that the next pandemic flu outbreak will either come from a chicken farm in south Georgia, or Hartsfield airport in Atlanta. Probably why you are getting annoucements down there. I'm moving to Alabama! :lol2: No kidding, I just bought some land over there, and in a county that doesn't allow chicken farms! :nod:

So much for cheap fertilizer. I guess the old saying holds true again - "nothing is free, everything has a price." I really don't understand why they air this on the radio. If what they say is true - there is no cure - what difference does it make?

Jogeephus":12iioz84 said:
The vet one is funny to me. I can just imagine what my vet would do if I asked for a risk assessment on #45. :lol2:

He would probably want to know if the risk assesment was on the cow or himslef

Jogeephus":1zja3lj8 said:
RD-Sam":1zja3lj8 said:

So much for cheap fertilizer. I guess the old saying holds true again - "nothing is free, everything has a price." I really don't understand why they air this on the radio. If what they say is true - there is no cure - what difference does it make?

Some company signed a contract a few days ago to come up with a vaccine to fight it, not sure how they are gonna do that if they don't know what they are fighting?

Angus Cowman":1eutr2rw said:
Jo are you just posting this to try to scare off them Northerners from moving in for the winter

Having 2nd thoughts aren't ya :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Nah, I'm serious about this and have been meaning to post it for some time. I really don't understand the reasoning behind these ads. Kinda like NASA advertising that the Magnetosphere is losing its strength. It is in fact doing this, but there ain't nothing we can do about it so why terrify the world with this inevitable catastrophe. I'm sure if Fat Albert could figure out a way to make a dollar off this everyone would be wetting their pants.

RD-Sam":1ypp7ize said:
Jogeephus":1ypp7ize said:
RD-Sam":1ypp7ize said:

Some company signed a contract a few days ago to come up with a vaccine to fight it, not sure how they are gonna do that if they don't know what they are fighting?

Ahh, so there is the money side of it. What senator owns stock in that company?

Angus Cowman":2o8xiohj said:
Jo are you just posting this to try to scare off them Northerners from moving in for the winter

That's what I thought as well with all the talk of of freezing our butts off up north and thinking of relocating south for a while.. :lol2:

Oh well at least Santa will feel at home tonight when he shows up.. :santa:

I hope it is nothing Jo but if it is be sure to save a few seconds to inform us before you go into hiding.. :cowboy:

hillsdown":3bmj5xsf said:
Angus Cowman":3bmj5xsf said:

That's what I thought as well with all the talk of of freezing our butts off up north and thinking of relocating south for a while.. :lol2:

Oh well at least Santa will feel at home tonight when he shows up.. :santa:

I hope it is nothing Jo but if it is be sure to save a few seconds to inform us before you go into hiding.. :cowboy:

Its probably some positioning of some agency to get more funding. But really, I don't think they need to be broadcasting this type stuff. I got too much stuff to do to go dieing cause of some flu. As for the cold, ya'll don't worry about that. When the magnetosphere goes, you will have all the heat you want.

Latest posts