Have you ever wanted to........

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":10rrwpwz said:
calfbuyer":10rrwpwz said:
Have you ever wanted to beat your boss to a bloody pulp and quit your job and go do something that you love, but the problem is : you have a wife and two kids, your job carries the insurance for all 3 and jobs like yours are hard to find in a rural area such as this? Thought I might start a new topic and maybe hear from others, maybe it will help me.

August 1985, Mobile Alabama. Safety inspector in my face. He was an ex drill sarge and got his kicks from getting in people's faces. I pushed back twice. The third time I took him out. Knocked him out cold. We both got fired and the plant super was telling me to show up in the a.m. so that he could bring me back in. I headed back to TX and let them figure out how to fix that plant.

The sad thing is, I have never regretted my actions. I should have some sort of remorse. That was not the right thing to do.
it was then,, wouldnt try it nowdays.... you wouldnt have to worry about your neighbors bull anymore... the ex drill sarge would

Back in my timber falling days there was always another job available. And they paid really good. You worked extremely hard and it was very dangerous. Nobody messed with good fallers. One wrong word and an entire crew would walk. On the flip side of that coin if you didn't run all day they would send you down the road in a heart beat. I never got sent down the road but I did certainly leave a job or ten with the boss having a clear idea of my opinion of him, his ancestors, and my thoughts on where he should go and what he should do to himself when he got there. But as I said there was plenty of jobs to go to.

Alan":37se9dwd said:
My wife and I are self employed have been for many years, JScattle nailed it on the head, we have many bosses we have to please. On top of who he mentioned and the stress of business, throw in answering to the Feds, State and County, City, they all are the "all knowing and wise" and will enforce their bright ideas ..... For the good of the people :bs: . Two years ago the city contracted an outfit to run camera line through every house and business in the city a few thousand lines. Looking for bad lines going from the building to the main line. Over 80% of the lines came back as bad. They wanted, demanded, we pay thousands of $ to replace the lines. You could go into the city and review the video but the new sewer lines had to be in by X date. Luckily a long time contractor in the area started reviewing the the video for contracted jobs and saw a problem. The City had put a 20 something young lady fresh out of school in charge of review and ticketing sewer lines. All the cracks she was seeing and determining the lines were bad were simply the joints where two sewer pipes came together. I'm sure the contractor received thousands more than just my heart felt thank you. Yes, sometimes I would like to beat my boss bloody.

Alan

Sounds like she didn't review 20% of the lines very well.

denvermartinfarms":1fdiiq2e said:
Well me and my dad are self employed and work together in construction and excavating so i like my boss. we have also went months without work before to and bearly get by by having to sell cows when i don't want to. we can not afford health insurance and my mom has been sick with somthing the doctors can't figure out for over 5 years becuse we can't afford the tests without insurance that we can't hardly get even if we had the money becuse of pre existing conditions so be happy that you have insurance.also i don't know what you do but last week we had to hook into a sewer line and when we cut it it blew 4000 gallons of everything that had been going down a toilet or sink on me and dad we were trying to catch it with a pump truck but it had way more presure than it should have and we could not leave it or do anything about it but wait for it to drain so we stand there for 30 minutes with sewer blowing in our faces and nothing we could do about it so i say all that to say that the next day i have a sore throat sore and swollen toung so bad i am having trouble talking bad cold symtems and very sick to my stomach and every day but sunday since this i have been working on the job in 100 plus degree heat 10 to 12 hours a day went to the doctor he said very serius infection gave me two diffrent antibiotics and am not feeling much better yet. and still after all this in the last few days i am still very happy to have the work and thank god for it. but someday not to far off the cattle will be almost full time and that is what helps me i think. so i don't know exactly how bad you last week has been but i think it would be hard to beat mine. just always remember god will never give you more than you can handle. hope my long boring story helps

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hope things get better for you!

Always wondered how only ignorant, dumb, stupid, evil, mean, ugly, fat, bad breath, a$$hole people get to boss the rest of us. Even on the highway, those that drive slower than me are stupid and those that drive faster are idiots. :(

lynnmcmahan":2zcbiljz said:
Always wondered how only ignorant, dumb, stupid, evil, mean, ugly, fat, bad breath, a$$hole people get to boss the rest of us. Even on the highway, those that drive slower than me are stupid and those that drive faster are idiots. :(

If they weren't squat at anything else we always just let them carry the timebook.

fitz

This happened to someone I know too, he worked for the local electric company but it was he who got the promotion then got a new Boss and the new Boss wanted him gone so after 25 years on the job, the new Boss got him gone into the unemployment line-

My boss is on vacation this week. The supervisor that runs the section next to ours is technically in charge but I'm pretty much running the place by default. The guy is personable enough but he's the laziest, most unorganized, worthless POS manager I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. As far as I can tell the only reason he's in the position he's in is because he knows how to play the office politics game. I swear to God, whenever one of the big whigs drops in you can hear the sound of his lips smacking against their butts from one end of the warehouse to the other. Makes me sick.

Anyway, today he decided he was going to drag his sorry butt out of his office and "manage" our section. After about an hour of this I finally had to tell him that we'd get more work done if he'd stay on his side of the wall and let us do our jobs. We've got a pretty good crew, we know what needs to be done and we know how to do it. I don't think he liked that but I only saw him once the rest of the day. Good thing, too, 'cause it took me almost two hours to undo the damage he did in one. Two hours I could have spent doing something productive. Oh well, just a couple more days and my boss will be back on Monday.

thank you gmn and some things are getting better i don't like talking about myself a whole lot but i will update whats been going on. since the sewer deal i have been to the doctor four times and he sent me to the hospital once they have done alot of test and all they know so far is that whatever i have is not ecoli or salmonella but worse. i can't eat anything without it going thrue me in thirty minutes or less so it's hard to get any strength and feel like working. but in the middle of all this i did get a contract to take care of some county roads and i got to buy some calves last week and plan on buying more next week so i am pretty happy don't know exactley where you are but you are probaly within 60 miles so you know we need to be praying for rain bad we have very little grass left and the trees are starting to look like it's fall.

Yeah it is terribly dry here too, my poor dairy cows. We have the bottom which still has some grass on it,and they go down there at night only, but everywhere else it just is real bad-makes me kind of sick!
I'm glad that you got that lil bit of good news, new jobs, more calves, it will keep you going-Maybe you could get a sample of the sewer and have a lab run it see whats in there-did your Dad get sick as well?

yes he got sick but not as bad he was on the back side and only got about half as much right in his face as what i did. we are still waiting on one more test that may show what it is. good thinking on testing the sewer but it has too many diffrent things in it it could be alot of things.know just how you feel about the grass it makes me sick everyday but we have a chance of rain three days in a row starting sunday.

denvermartinfarms":385kupcl said:
thank you gmn and some things are getting better i don't like talking about myself a whole lot but i will update whats been going on. since the sewer deal i have been to the doctor four times and he sent me to the hospital once they have done alot of test and all they know so far is that whatever i have is not ecoli or salmonella but worse. i can't eat anything without it going thrue me in thirty minutes or less so it's hard to get any strength and feel like working. but in the middle of all this i did get a contract to take care of some county roads and i got to buy some calves last week and plan on buying more next week so i am pretty happy don't know exactley where you are but you are probaly within 60 miles so you know we need to be praying for rain bad we have very little grass left and the trees are starting to look like it's fall.

I'll be praying for you - for your health and for rain. It sucks being sick and not knowing what is wrong and doctors just test and test... Sure hope they figure it out fast for you. God will see you through, you know that already though. ;-)

Have them check for c-diff and then put you on probitics. Sounds to me that is what it is. Most doctors are not aware of it.

i don't know what c-diff is but they did test for it and they say they have not got the results yet.thank's again for the concern it is really not like me to even talk about anything that is wrong with me but since i did bring it up i thought i would keep whoever read this informed.