Have not checked in for awhile . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I've missed lots of birthdays, but I'm sure they were awesome w/out me! Can't remember when I was on last, but last small pasture area was fenced in April. Still have an interior paddock that needs it, but all perimeter fencing is solid, and a big new hot wire fencer is ready to go to work. The ruckus w/ the local irrigation company turned out to be a misunderstanding in conversations -- resolved, and we now have more water, but still figuring out the best way to get it where it needs to go. Work in progress. Hubby had a great visit w/ friends and fam in MO in April. We'll have late AI calves this year -- July. All cows bred to British White bulls. Took a tumble down 2 steps last week -- heel slid off the top one and the pile up was all on the right foot and ankle. Was able to grope around that day grabbing furniture, but not the next day . . . . ER trip. Severely sprained right ankle and foot, and chip fracture. Big robot boot is good! And lace-up support from orthopod the other day means I can drive to work/back, and mess in the garden, which I've done today. Oh, and my guys (hubby and step-son) built 2 more raised beds this week! We have a change in family dyamics here, as 33 yr. son has made a commitment to a very nice gal w/ 3 kids. They are all here on the place now, as Jed adds on to his space to make room. The kids are good kids and love the new smaller school and seem to embrace country living. "Smaller school" = about 8-10 graduating class every year. Never a dull moment!

:welcome: Welcome back, I've been looking for your posts, you were missed. Take it easy and heel up. Best wishes.

I've been wondering where you've been, but then again, I'm not here all the time either and when I am, its somewhat limited and I thought perhaps you have been around and I had'nt seen your posts.

Sounds like life is moving right along for you. Sorry to hear about your ankle.

Katherine

Wow, all sorts happening, good and bad. Hopefully the ankle heals up well, I've done exactly the same thing but gotten away lucky.
welcome back too.. you've missed all sorts of drama!

Glad to hear all is well kathie. With exception to the ankle. I broke my foot a couple years ago and that is a painful deal. Sounds like yall been working hard on the farm.

Latest posts