Have i missed anything?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Not sure the last time I was here, been busy.
Been a easy calving season here. Knock on wood, but this year we've lost no calves. We have lost cows though for one reason or another. I've had more bottle calves than I care to have, but did sell several. I have 2 left. One was a cutout, named Judith. Anyone who watches Walking Dead, this will give you an idea on her birth.
Daughter is on her way to Atlanta for the big NRA convention. She'll be on display to meet fans this weekend. Hoping she'll get to meet the president. Rumor is he's going.
Fertilized this year. Between the droughts and high prices for fertilizer, things finally panned out and we bought like 60 tons of, yeah, chicken litter. Man oh man did it make a difference.
Perched to get over 3 more inches of rain this weekend. Finally caught up on rain. New ponds filled FINALLY.... Was out this morning and thought to myself, how nice it was to have lots of water and tons of grass.....cows don't even notice me when i'm out and about....

:wave: You've missed out on threads where people were wondering where you went. I think some even missed you :welcome: back. Let the arguments begin

Ah, not looking to argue.... :wave:
The chicken litter we had hauled out here, from the egg factory, had chickens in the mix. Not dead chickens, but live ones.. Encouraged me to finally make a chicken tractor. Son got 6 chickens, I got 15...Decided 15 was too many, so I gave some to one of our daughters, so i'm down to 11. Then, TSC had leghorn chicks on sale for a buck. They had grown too big and were flying out of the trough. I cant pass up a deal, so I now have the 11 RIRs and 6 leghorns. The RIRs lay brown eggs and I don't really like brown eggs......they look dirty to me.. I want white eggs so i'll have the new chicks coming up to replace the RIRs... If I can get pictures transferred to photobucket, i'll post a picture of my tractor. Its worked out really good. My eggs come out so clean and I don't have to go in to get them. This tractor has been on my mind for around 10 years. Just needed free chickens to get it made I guess...lol Getting 9 eggs a day, which is way too many eggs. But everyone around me is pretty lucky to get free eggs now.

What's a chicken tractor? I was not meaning to say you were back on here to argue, it's just what usually ends up happening. :D
Brown eggs are delicious, we have 9 chickens and have plenty of eggs.

A chicken tractor is a movable chicken pen. I move mine about 4 times a day in the big part of our yard. I use my 4wheeler to move it, its pretty big and I cant move it without a 4wheeler..... Lets them eat grass, dig around, yet I can keep them from being in the mud..
Txpiney, who did you use to be? I don't recognize your name..

cowgirl8":370gd2wv said:
The RIRs lay brown eggs and I don't really like brown eggs......they look dirty to me...

I thought eggs were yellow and clear on the inside, and they all tasted the same.

You sound egg racist.

That I am.. its a mental thing. I had chickens many years ago and they just gross the heck out of me no matter the color. I do like eggs though so I try to look past their grossness. I mean, technically they are just a chicken period, right....
The chicken tractor we've made helps omit the things that gross me out.

You don't recognize my screen name cause I just registered about a month ago, but have been a regular lurker for over 10 years. So I know the history of a lot of people here just from old threads.

cowgirl8":2gmlyqap said:
That I am.. its a mental thing. I had chickens many years ago and they just gross the heck out of me no matter the color. I do like eggs though so I try to look past their grossness. I mean, technically they are just a chicken period, right....

CG8, has anybody ever told you that you need therapy :help:

callmefence":16qd9mei said:
Sounds like some dam fine chicken litter
That chicken place is really growing. They have 7 houses now. Really cranking out the poop. At first they were asking way too much...but then went down I guess because it was piling up....

Bright Raven":3g5iu194 said:
Tell your daughter to have Bill ship me another Wilson Combat CQB.

:banana:
She's one lucky duck. They just made her a custom gun to compete with that has inlay silver and her initials engraved on it...She's also taking over the reins of IDPA and is now working for WC. She's ending her teaching career and will be working for them full time in June.... At nationals, she move up to Master...and is being requested by shooting ranges to give group classes... Not bad for the 2 years she's been shooting..

cowgirl8":21gqkl9g said:
Bright Raven":21gqkl9g said:

She's one lucky duck. They just made her a custom gun to compete with that has inlay silver and her initials engraved on it...She's also taking over the reins of IDPA and is now working for WC. She's ending her teaching career and will be working for them full time in June.... At nationals, she move up to Master...and is being requested by shooting ranges to give group classes... Not bad for the 2 years she's been shooting..

Wow!!!!!!!!! A natural talent. You sent me a video of her shooting. I was impressed. She has great form and her physique is perfect for shooting.

Txpiney":x7os0scj said:
cowgirl8":x7os0scj said:

CG8, has anybody ever told you that you need therapy :help:
Let's not start that shyt please !!!!!

Bright Raven":1xtboyzo said:
cowgirl8":1xtboyzo said:
Bright Raven":1xtboyzo said:

Wow!!!!!!!!! A natural talent. You sent me a video of her shooting. I was impressed. She has great form and her physique is perfect for shooting.
She's boxing now and again kind of a natural at it too. She's lost over 40 pounds, in anticipation of lots of pictures being taken of her.

cowgirl8":1okuz0yp said:
Bright Raven":1okuz0yp said:
cowgirl8":1okuz0yp said:

She's boxing now and again kind of a natural at it too. She's lost over 40 pounds, in anticipation of lots of pictures being taken of her.

Her weight is actually an advantage. As long as she stays fit.

Latest posts