Have Bull, Will Travel

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie,
No we brought her home that weekend. I wish we would have left her up there, it would give us an excuse to go back. We are trying to get her bred to Connection as we speak. I will let you know what I thought about your bull when I get around to looking in the catalog.

jscunn":1hbfg4uo said:
We are trying to get her bred to Connection as we speak.

Is that SAF Connection from ABS? Have you seen any of his calves? He's one of three that we're looking at for a terminal breeding this year. Terminal only because he's black.

dun

Yes I have he improves diposition, fertility, and style. Maybe not exactly what you are looking for in a terminal. There growth is good and they are good thick, long cattle with a small increase in frame. I think Chuckie's bull BOOMTIME would be a better terminal sire those were some powerful cattle. I didnt like the temperment of his dam, but she may not like small pens. The calves from BOOMTIME seemed OK, temperment wise.

jscunn, We were at the sale in November. I just happen to have the sale book right here! :D I opened the book back up to 377 and she was one that I had marked to buy. I marked them a few days before we got to the sale and found out what order they sold in. The prices were everywhere, and the ones I marked first went out of my reach. 377 is a really nice heifer. I like the Royal Lass line. I bet she has a real nice bady with Connection. The bull we are buying, his dam is SAF Royal Lass 8339. I didn't see any of her offspring in the sale book, but they did some embryo transfers, and had those for sale this spring. At the sale we bought 286A and have straws to SAF Connection to AI her this spring. Then we bought 333 and 334. We did get straws for Sygen Focus to AI those two with.
bww, they have several bulls to sell. They sent me four sheets of bulls. I would say there are around 150 on the sheets. Only a few had been sold. They didn't have any pictures. But I am with jscunn on Ben Eggers. He will direct you honestly. Tell him what you want and what traits you need in your cows, and he will give you his advice. If you call Sydenstrickers, they can fax you a sheet of the bulls they have. I gave them the my bank# and they sent it there. They list their epds and all the information they have on the bull. They give the registration#, and I went to the Angus site and pulled up the ones I was interested in. That was the easiest way to do it. He will send you the prices with the list.

Chuckie,
Nice Job with 286A, every heifer in that top pen of pairs was really, really good. We feel fortunate to have the 377 heifer. Caught the sale in a dip, she was the last heifer in that pen to sell and we got her for what we thought was a good deal. Do you remeber LOT 289A? I really liked her but I am partial to the 8275 bull. We have a son of his that has really thrown some good commercial calves. I will look up the other two in a little while, but we bought 3 heifers for a guy down here, LOT 293A, 237 and 239.

I had all four of the heifers you loaded that day to look at. 237 was one that I had marked to consider if I made it down that far. Off hand, I don't remember lot 289A, but I like what I see in the book. To be honest, I didn't see anything there that I would not have taken home. But some I liked better than others. The bull you mentioned is a really nice bull.
I like Strategy and he is in the ABS selection, and I think he would make a good terminal and maternal bull. They have so many nice bulls; it's like being a kid in a candy shop.

Chuckie,
How does the quality and price compare to the November sale? I would like to get a list from Ben but I hate to bother him. I was just wondering because we aren't going to buy any bulls this year. Wish you the best of luck with that BoomTime Calf. Those breds you bought looked good too, we dont do much spring calving down here, so we just walked thru them once. Hope to see you in November.

Latest posts