Hauling hay

Help Support CattleToday:

When I clicked on it, it automatically downloaded. It is not a virus, but I am not a fan of that. Btw, for those of you that can't see it when it downloads, get VCL media player, it will play just about everything.

Round bales are better than idiot cubes (small squares). Big squares are better than round bales because they stack better and feed better. I have a lot of experience with all three. Too much experience with small squares.

I started driving an old Ford Jubilee between the rows to pick up bales at 6 years old ( I was paid 25 cents an hour and to me, I had hit the jackpot). Your way is better!

I started at 4 yrs old, and had to push the old farmall tractor and trailer around to the bales, (uphill in every direction) use a furniture dolly to get the bales to the trailer and paid Dad $.07/bale for me to have so much fun.... ;)

Is this you?
haulinhay.jpg

(actually, I hauled a LOT of square bales from field to various barns and broke down old houses for $0.04-$0.07 per bale. One old house, we stacked hay in every room up to the ceilings including in the clawfoot bathtub)

I started at 4 yrs old, and had to push the old farmall tractor and trailer around to the bales, (uphill in every direction) use a furniture dolly to get the bales to the trailer and paid Dad $.07/bale for me to have so much fun.... ;)

Is this you?
View attachment 6635

(actually, I hauled a LOT of square bales from field to various barns and broke down old houses for $0.04-$0.07 per bale. One old house, we stacked hay in every room up to the ceilings including in the clawfoot bathtub)
Could be me in the first pic. I kept an old Ford Jubilee between the rows at a very slow crawl.
I didn't start having to throwing the bales into the loft until I was 7... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ( that last line is a joke to the sensitive ones on here)

This video was probably made with a cell phone using an app. When you click on it to view it says you have to download a new codex from the Microsoft store for $.99 to view it. I use computers at my office and here at home. I only use a phone to make calls. I am like you @Dusty Britches ... I ain't downloading anything, and sure ain't paying for it. Maybe the OP has a way to save it as an MP4?

For you folks who can't see the video I will fill you in. The video last 5 seconds and there is three round hay bales with net wrap on a trailer behind a Cab Kioti tractor. I spent maybe 5 minutes trying to convert the video and seen it was going to take longer so said the heck with it.

Last edited:
Daddy had me hauling hay about as soon as I could lift a square bale onto the tailgate of the pickup. We'd haul in several hundred bales 25 or 30 at a time and load them into an old-fashioned barn hayloft. He used to stand on top of the hay in the pickup and pitch the bales into the loft and I would go stack them, but then I grew into my laundry and pretty soon I was pitching the hay into the loft from the pickup bed, and he was stacking. I learned to drive while hauling hay, long before I took driver's ed. I learned an awful lot more than just that.

But nostalgia aside, I am still much happier with my round bales and my John Deere 5200 with the three-point hay spear!

Latest posts