Hauling cow/calf pair

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I'll haul a mare and foal in a trailer without the divider closed just fine, I'm assuming it's okay to do with a cow and 3 week old calf? I haul in a 2 horse slant (as much as my wife hates it). Seems that I have read to put a small panel between them, but it's a short distance and calf can move pretty quick by now.

Any thoughts, thanks.

Alan

We hai pairs frequently without seperating the calves from the cows. Short hauls of only an hour and half or so there shouldn;t be a problem.

dun

Why take the chance of getting the calf injured when you have a divider available?? Was always taught an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

I heard stories of weird injuries when hauling with a divider in. I would just take the divider out, and let them ride together.

cypressfarms":2funsusv said:
I heard stories of weird injuries when hauling with a divider in. I would just take the divider out, and let them ride together.

Texas Paw,
Since it's a horse divider it doesnt go to the floor, So when I haul a mare and foal I tie the divider back and take it real easy.

Alan

Alan":lw6o9g4m said:
cypressfarms":lw6o9g4m said:

Texas Paw,
Since it's a horse divider it doesnt go to the floor, So when I haul a mare and foal I tie the divider back and take it real easy.

Alan

Alan

I see your point, didn't realize divider doesn't go to the floor.

Most of the time no problems when there is plenty of room, so you'll probably be OK hauling together.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

Thanks for the replies, the cow/calf hauled just fine... better yet cash in the pocket!

Thanks again,
Alan

Latest posts