Hauling cattle to the sale barn

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty amazing. Do you think they were "downers"? There is no way in He!! any cow I have ever owned would be held down by straps.
I was thinking the same thing . They may have been going to a sale barn but probably a kill plant except #3 . Must be drugged to stay on that trailer ! 😳

I had one on a flatbed one time......(pic=1000words)
She went to the sale in a cattle trailer as soon as she could walk on/off the trlr w/out falling down.

Attachments

• DSC03870.JPG
    DSC03870.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
I think I've mentioned before that when a friend of mine worked at the Navasota auction barn about 40 years ago he said he was working in the unloading pen one day when they saw a 4-door passenger car waiting in line with the trucks and trailers. They thought it probably had a baby calf or a goat or something similar, but when it got to the head of the line he said they had a 400-pound calf in the back seat, with so many ropes on it that all it could do was bellow and S@^T, and it had been doing plenty of the latter. They pulled in, cut the ropes off of it, opened the back doors, and let it jump out.

I think I've mentioned before that when a friend of mine worked at the Navasota auction barn about 40 years ago he said he was working in the unloading pen one day when they saw a 4-door passenger car waiting in line with the trucks and trailers. They thought it probably had a baby calf or a goat or something similar, but when it got to the head of the line he said they had a 400-pound calf in the back seat, with so many ropes on it that all it could do was bellow and S@^T, and it had been doing plenty of the latter. They pulled in, cut the ropes off of it, opened the back doors, and let it jump out.
Where there is a will, there is a way! 😂

I worked at a small sale barn for a time and saw 2 300lb cavles get unloaded out of the back of an suv style car. From the looks of the inside and the small that was drifting out I don't think a couple calves was the worst thing that had been in that car.
I used to have a Hummer H2 and hauled a few calves to the vet in the back. But you can be sure I put down plastic tarps under moving blankets before loading 'em up!!!

Completely unsafe! Where are the side mirrors?!😂😂
Special rule...not required apparently when hauling cattle on the "first haul" from a hobby farm.............. not a single one on ANY of the six pics hauling the cattle in! (OK, at least none visible on any of them... where you can see the pull vehicle...:cool:)

Latest posts