Hauled a couple today

Help Support CattleToday:

The 2yo heifer weight was 1295# and brought $1.20/lb. $$1554.00

The " cow" brought .875/lb and weight was 1360lbs for total of $1190.

I'm totally satisfied, except I should have hauled 2 more older cows. Maybe this week if I have a chance.

Chehalis Livestock Market
If the higher price gets more cows coming to market they will lower the price of course. I'm not sure the cull cow numbers are going to be high enough to lower it much. Could be an interesting spring.

If the higher price gets more cows coming to market they will lower the price of course. I'm not sure the cull cow numbers are going to be high enough to lower it much. Could be an interesting spring.
We should be out of culls at this point I feel like. Everyone's short of hay tho. They're culling nice animals right now if truly culling.

I feel I've seen the same damn cows the last 4 sales. Pitiful looking with stuffed bellies. Blue numbers on em.

Headed to Mascot in a couple hours.

We should be out of culls at this point I feel like. Everyone's short of hay tho. They're culling nice animals right now if truly culling.

I feel I've seen the same damn cows the last 4 sales. Pitiful looking with stuffed bellies. Blue numbers on em.

Headed to Mascot in a couple hours.
How's the market in Knoxville today? In the reports I've been seeing a lot of classes of calves there are 15-25 cents higher than Greeneville. Several folks here have started taking their cattle there.

How's the market in Knoxville today? In the reports I've been seeing a lot of classes of calves there are 15-25 cents higher than Greeneville. Several folks here have started taking their cattle there.
This is my 3rd time since 2016. I usually go to greeneville myself. Their board shows 1,711 total head for today. 3 goats. Weather is real nice though.

Knoxville seems to go more out of their way to get you the most. Gentler handling too.

Prices seem better for the buyer at Greeneville. Both have their place I reckon.

Was a small group of 500 pound ish bulls brought 2.28 ***IIRC***

Fancy bred heifers did well.

Last edited:
This is my 3rd time since 2016. I usually go to greeneville myself. Their board shows 1,711 total head for today. 3 goats. Weather is real nice though.

Knoxville seems to go more out of their way to get you the most. Gentler handling too.

Prices seem better for the buyer at Greeneville. Both have their place I reckon.

Was a small group of 500 pound ish bulls brought 2.28 ***IIRC***

Fancy bred heifers did well.
Thank you. Knoxville seems to have really taken off with the new ownership. Helping sellers get the most for their cattle is a good way to do that. Them being gentler with them in the back is another plus too. I'm hoping Greeneville can pick up some and help their sellers out like that and maybe the price gap will get narrowed down some. As many cattle as are in Greene county, it deserves to have a strong market.

I have 4 bred cows on my list to haul because at the the current hay prices it's cheaper to sell them, but bad weather has gotten in the way both times. Maybe next week.

Thank you. Knoxville seems to have really taken off with the new ownership. Helping sellers get the most for their cattle is a good way to do that. Them being gentler with them in the back is another plus too. I'm hoping Greeneville can pick up some and help their sellers out like that and maybe the price gap will get narrowed down some. As many cattle as are in Greene county, it deserves to have a strong market.
Cows were in about. 80 average. Young big heifers right around 1.02

Got a nice heiferette for 85 cents. Grass fat, 1230 lbs. Would have been 78 or so. Had over 1900 animals.

Cows were in about. 80 average. Young big heifers right around 1.02

Got a nice heiferette for 85 cents. Grass fat, 1230 lbs. Would have been 78 or so. Had over 1900 animals.
Those are great prices...I wonder if people buy from there, load and drive a few hundred miles to another sale barn to sell? It could happen.

I got 5 BM bred cows. They came in late so they had already started to sell kill cows. Nobody to bid against me but the kill buyers. Sold by the pound I paid $0.94 to $1.00 and that was one bid over kill price.

Those are great prices...I wonder if people buy from there, load and drive a few hundred miles to another sale barn to sell? It could happen.
I know a man who did that every week for years. Buy on Friday at Chehalis and take a goose neck load to Toppenish the following Thursday. It is 200 miles between them. Couldn't do it with kill cows but feeders you could make $200 a head.

Dang sure need to make 200 a head to make it pencil.

Fuel ain't cheap.
Then you got commission on the re-sell too!

GOT to buy em right for sure.

Friend of mine does it with regularity. Buys 2 or 3 here and there at the right price. Next thing ya know he's got a group of 30 of em all alike. He's got a bit of hay and feed in em, but the bigger group of like calves really makes the re-sell dollars go up!

Latest posts