Has It Come to This?

Help Support CattleToday:

The cop is an ass, and finally there has been some quick and appropriate justice. The other cop who was with him also deserves some consequences for standing by and letting it happen without speaking up.

I do have to wonder sometimes the sense of some of these immigrants who want to try to assimilate themselves too quickly into communities or cultures which find them foreign, especially if they don't speak a word of English. Change takes time, and people need to adapt to it gradually, especially in areas which have been traditionally isolated from other cultures. In my grandparents' day, people generally self segregated and kept with their own, at least initially. There were a lot of benefits to that practice, not the least of which were beneficial to the outside group.

And yet, when they stay to themselves they're considered as not wanting to become Americans.

dun":24drl5pb said:
And yet, when they stay to themselves they're considered as not wanting to become Americans.
That's when you have the "Little China", "Little Saigon", "Little Baghdad" areas.

boondocks":ejfix05z said:
Shocking story. Make sure you watch the vine video clip (second video snippet in the second link), of the takedown...

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/0 ... _madi.html

http://whnt.com/2015/02/12/madison-poli ... y-injured/

That is seriously messed up.
Is the guy in handcuffs at that point?
The only thing unusual about this, is that the guy became paralyzed. That method of takedown has been used pretty frequently around here for decades. If that whole thing had happened here tho, to an Indian citizen, the region would come to a screeching halt as every convenience store, motel and gas station would go into work stoppage mode in protest. (I'm only partly joking)
Kudus to the police chief for saying what he did and to the district attorney for pressing the charges. The officer needs to be fired but also ordered by the court to pay for the medical expenses and care of the injured man, but if recent history is any indication, the local taxpayer is going to have to bear the cost of this and the coming lawsuit against the local jurisdiction.

That's terrible. Too many of these young cops are spending too many hours watching Cops on television. Heck, our sheriff doesn't even carry a gun. I even know a deputy that didn't carry one....but he did always have his maglite with about a dozen batteries in it.

To me that is a use of to much force. But if he would of stayed put and not tried to walk away it might of worked out different. When you have 2 officers and one really skinny guy where's the threat? It's sad because the officer didn't want to hurt the guy, but he sure got taken down hard.
Jogeephus, how's the cops going to protect me without a gun?

highgrit":3fzeaaw5 said:
To me that is a use of to much force. But if he would of stayed put and not tried to walk away it might of worked out different. When you have 2 officers and one really skinny guy where's the threat? It's sad because the officer didn't want to hurt the guy, but he sure got taken down hard.
Jogeephus, how's the cops going to protect me without a gun?

He doesn't understand--he speaks no English, as he is a visitor here to help care for his grandson. He was in a place he had every right to be, doing what he had every right to do, and yes, SCOTUS has already affirmed that foreign visitors to this country fall under our constitutionally guaranteed rights. The 911 record and the Police Chief stated that the guy was out taking a walk, and one of the residents called it in, saying there was a strange "black man" walking in the neighborhood and he didn't want to go on to work and leave his family until he was sure they would be okay.I suspect this is an all or mostly white neighborhood. The officer may well be found not guilty in court, as his past exemplary record will be displayed and presented in his defense just as it always is in any civilian and police case. Even so, US Justice Dept is going to be all over this one over racial profiling.

That was a bad take down on an older man, he was walking and didn't understand the language he even expressed this, there was no need for this treatment from what I could see in this video, they should have tried to talk to the man standing around him first surely. Although not sure the Policeman should be sacked, just disciplined taken off of the streets for a few months and retrained in public communications and handling. As nothing would have been said if the man had had a gun and was on the prowl. He was doing his job just a little to zealous.

yep. a little too zealous--that's all. just need a bit more training--about $4.2 million worth ought to do the trick.
21085585_BG1.jpg

The offending officer was partnered with a "Training Officer." No charges for the Training Officer? The officer should absolutely be fired and publicly humiliated for his conduct. He should not be held liable for any of the victims medical expenses or compensatory damages. That should be born by the department and the city. They traded him to do exactly what he did to a minority that couldn't have possibly understood what the officer was saying. Obviously, there is a significant training problem in the department. I also hope the mans family files a separate lawsuit themselves.

The officer will likely loose his job, not be held criminally responsible and will likely move on and get another job with another department.

greybeard":2ngwyhi5 said:
yep. a little too zealous--that's all. just need a bit more training--about $4.2 million worth ought to do the trick.
21085585_BG1.jpg

You said million, did you mean billion? 4.2 million is a drop in the bucket.

I'm Greybeard--not Brian Williams. The settlement related to the shot up truck in the picture was indeed for $4.2 Million and a new pickup truck, with the stipulation that neither LAPD or the City ever have to any other responsibility or admit any wrongdoing. The 8 officers involved lost not one penny of pay and are still on the force today. LAPD Chief Beck said they would receive "additional training". Let us hope it doesn't include more marksmanship training, since their poor marksmanship (and the grace of the Almighty) is the only reason the two women survived.

Latest posts