Has anyone used this Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

robert":16vrcaoi said:
so much for civil discourse....... :roll:

Here is the defination of Marketing according to Wikipedia. Maybe you can tell me what is crazy about this defination and please explain to me how it doesn't apply to CAB

Marketing is the process of performing market research, selling products and/or services to customers and promoting them via advertising to further enhance sales.[1] It generates the strategy that underlies sales techniques, business communication, and business developments.[2] It is an integrated process through which companies build strong customer relationships and creates value for their customers and for themselves.[2]

Marketing is used to identify the customer, to satisfy the customer, and to keep the customer. With the customer as the focus of its activities, it can be concluded that marketing management is one of the major components of business management. Marketing evolved to meet the stasis in developing new markets caused by mature markets and overcapacities in the last 2-3 centuries.[citation needed] The adoption of marketing strategies requires businesses to shift their focus from production to the perceived needs and wants of their customers as the means of staying profitable.[citation needed]

The term marketing concept holds that achieving organizational goals depends on knowing the needs and wants of target markets and delivering the desired satisfactions.[3] It proposes that in order to satisfy its organizational objectives, an organization should anticipate the needs and wants of consumers and satisfy these more effectively than competitors.[3]

This also applies to you Ga Prime.........maybe you can stop being rude and insulting long enuf to learn something.

.................and Valerie what can I say :frowns: I had you pegged as way too smart to joint in this debate.

I rest my case.

There are three essential breeds to the US beef industry Angus,Brahman and Hereford. Angus is a good breed as many others as I am not blinded by one breed. I own some as well as some composites.
The US cow herd has remained around 95 million head for years with 1/3 being Brahman influenced.
That sure makes for a lot of dumb commercial cattlemen in the country.
The commercial Cattlemen runs the industry not the seedstock/purebred producer.

3waycross":3d49gy2b said:
robert":3d49gy2b said:
so much for civil discourse....... :roll:

Here is the defination of Marketing according to Wikipedia. Maybe you can tell me what is crazy about this defination and please explain to me how it doesn't apply to CAB

The adoption of marketing strategies requires businesses to shift their focus from production to the perceived needs and wants of their customers as the means of staying profitable.[citation needed]

The term marketing concept holds that achieving organizational goals depends on knowing the needs and wants of target markets and delivering the desired satisfactions.[3] It proposes that in order to satisfy its organizational objectives, an organization should anticipate the needs and wants of consumers and satisfy these more effectively than competitors.[3]

This also applies to you Ga Prime.........maybe you can stop being rude and insulting long enuf to learn something.:

not much to disagree with there, in fact I highlighted a couple of lines that are particularly applicable, but a simple definition of 'marketing' without the context in which it gets repeatedly implied i.e. "it's just a marketing scheme" is a different kind of cat altogether. Little point in rehashing old arguments, you're not going to convince me CAB is only marketing and I'm not going to convince you that it is not, have a great day!

Caustic Burno":add0a57x said:
I rest my case.

There are three essential breeds to the US beef industry Angus,Brahman and Hereford. Angus is a good breed as many others as I am not blinded by one breed. I own some as well as some composites.
The US cow herd has remained around 95 million head for years with 1/3 being Brahman influenced.
That sure makes for a lot of dumb commercial cattlemen in the country.
The commercial Cattlemen runs the industry not the seedstock/purebred producer.

Heartily agree, and the role of the purebred breeder is to produce genetic tools that solve problems for the commercial producer not create or propagate them, no more, no less.

not much to disagree with there, in fact I highlighted a couple of lines that are particularly applicable, but a simple definition of 'marketing' without the context in which it gets repeatedly implied i.e. "it's just a marketing scheme" is a different kind of cat altogether. Little point in rehashing old arguments, you're not going to convince me CAB is only marketing and I'm not going to convince you that it is not, have a great day![/quote]

You miss my point. The WHOLE PURPOSE of CAB from day 1 was to MARKET a product "ANGUS BEEF" to even try to imply that it is anything but that just doesn't make any sense. If you have another theory as to the purpose of CAB then I would sure like to hear it. As I said it's a BRAND and a successful one at that. One thing the "Angus" folks should not do is knock others for looking for a piece of that pie. If the premiums for RED cattle suddenly became $.25 lb higher than for blk you can't tell me that in about 5 years we wouldn't see a shift in the paradigm for what is considered "REAL" Angus.

At the end of the day it is, and always will be, about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Latest posts