Has anyone used Monty's Liquid Fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

We have a pushy salesman in town who is always telling me the WONDERS of this Magic prduct. After listening to his pitch I'd be scared to walk in a hayfield without safety googles if it were sprayed with Joy Juice. All but one of the people who he claimed "swore by it" said just the opposite when asked independently. Only guy that is still trying it loves the price so much nothing else seems to matter. I've never used it myself but have watched others try it a season. I wish it was as wonderful as the claims but I'm still waiting for someone who has actually used to to tell me it actually works.

hillrancher":1v61wypr said:
The local feed store has started selling this product. If it is what is claimed to be it will be the cheapest way to fertilize. Easy to apply with a small sprayer. http://www.montysplantfood.com

Ok I am stupid when it comes to this if I buy triple 17 I am getting 51 pounds of actual fertilize to the 100 pounds. Now they are saying this little jug of juice is a wonder product for your pasture as I have heard the sales pitch as well. In my feeble mind I am having to buy a lot of jugs of this juice to get the same pounds on fertilizer. Think I will stick with actual pounds of fertilizer I know works.

Local place here is selling it. They claim their soil conditioner really helps. The guy selling it here says it is a supplement and not a replacement for regular fertilizer.

I don't know how much it takes put out say 50 units of "N to the acre.
If you have a gallon of 8-16-8, How many gallons does one have to put out on one acre to get 8 units of "N" and 16 units of "P" and 8 units of "K"?
I have ask a local sales man and he talked all around the question. I also feel that if it was cheaper than fertelizer with as good results that everbody would be useing it.

There have always been, and always will be, "snake oil" salesmen.
There are no "magic" fertilizers. No one has discovered how to get profitable yields out of thin air. It takes the crop removal of N-P-K to keep yields up. Remember, your seed, machinery and fuel cost the same, whether you have a good crop or a poor one.
Fertilizer would not be as high as it is if farmers did not recognize it's effectiveness. A gallon of some elixir is just not going to do the job like a ton of fertilizer.
Keep your money in your pocket on that buy.

I may be wasting my time and money, but i am going to give it a try. I sure as he$$ an't going to give fertilze companys 700.00 plus a ton for theres.

Red Bull Breeder":362vs92s said:
I may be wasting my time and money, but i am going to give it a try. I sure as he$$ an't going to give fertilze companys 700.00 plus a ton for theres.

If you want to use liquid buy Millers something that actually works.

Hey CB do you no that the Montys won't work? Have you used it before? Give me the goods on it. The Montys may not work i don't no if it will or not and won't no until later this summer then i will be able to tell you. It will cost me 54.00 for a gallon if i only try it on a few acres to check it out i won't have the farm invested in it. 19-19-19 740.00 a ton last week.

Red Bull Breeder":15ek1hze said:
Hey CB do you no that the Montys won't work? Have you used it before? Give me the goods on it. The Montys may not work i don't no if it will or not and won't no until later this summer then i will be able to tell you. It will cost me 54.00 for a gallon if i only try it on a few acres to check it out i won't have the farm invested in it. 19-19-19 740.00 a ton last week.

No, but I have been doing this long enough to know you are throwing your money away.
There is no way a two and a half gallon jug can fertilize anything but house plants.

I don't care how anyone packages it, still about pounds not drops per acre to get grass to grow.
I have used Millers as the commercial forest people use it and you can buy it in about what ever blend you want. It comes in fifty pound sacks and is water soluble for spraying. It works but you are still putting down 100, 200 or 300 pounds per acre of fertilizer.
Do the math there is no way to get any pounds or fertilize in a gallon jug, if it was you couldn't pick it up.
It take's N to make grass grow and pounds of it.
The cheapest fertilize you can put on your pasture is lime for grass to uptake the nutrients with out proper ph you are throwing your money away fertilizing.

I do not have any idea whether Monty's works or not, but I do know that there are already thousands of lbs of NPK in soils to be used. The problem with conventional thinking on fertilizer is that it is a racket, conceived by agribusiness and sworn to by their bought and paid for land grant college professor buddies. Here are some points I would make...

1. When you put on acidulated fertilizers, you are burning the soil organisms that are willing to work for you to free up natural elements present. All the plants have to work with are the ones you put there. This is a lose/lose situation.

2. Some fertilizer solutions work with the idea of feeding the organisms so they can do their work to free the macronutrients already there. Therefore they read rather low on the NPK scale, but work in a big way.

3. There is no reason why all N needed cannot be supplied by legumes,,,, if:

4. You use management intensive grazing and only offer the animals what they can eat in a day and move them on. This may mean only a 1/4 acre of pasture and then move the fence. This gives a rest period to the forage and promotes legume longevity.

5. You apply composted manure only at the right time, no winter applications, only after an area has been grazed.

6. You have a mobile watering system, so manure stays in the grazing area.

7. You quit worming with Ivomec, which does a number on your soil insects that normally recycle the manure.

To sum up, if you want to spend a lot of money on fertilizer, let the cows into a big pasture, dump on 150 lbs of N, all at once and burn the earthworms and other bugs, watch the cows graze the best plants over and over again until they are dead, Nuke the dung beetles with ivomec, spread manure in the winter so its nutrients can volatize into the air or runoff into a creek or go down into the groundwater. If you do all these things, you will make your local fert dealer very happy. :D

I use Monty's fertilizer for tired red eyes in place of Visine. After I boil off three quarters of the water of course.

KMacGinley":2ou487zc said:
I do not have any idea whether Monty's works or not, but I do know that there are already thousands of lbs of NPK in soils to be used. The problem with conventional thinking on fertilizer is that it is a racket, conceived by agribusiness and sworn to by their bought and paid for land grant college professor buddies. Here are some points I would make...

1. When you put on acidulated fertilizers, you are burning the soil organisms that are willing to work for you to free up natural elements present. All the plants have to work with are the ones you put there. This is a lose/lose situation.

2. Some fertilizer solutions work with the idea of feeding the organisms so they can do their work to free the macronutrients already there. Therefore they read rather low on the NPK scale, but work in a big way.

3. There is no reason why all N needed cannot be supplied by legumes,,,, if:

4. You use management intensive grazing and only offer the animals what they can eat in a day and move them on. This may mean only a 1/4 acre of pasture and then move the fence. This gives a rest period to the forage and promotes legume longevity.

5. You apply composted manure only at the right time, no winter applications, only after an area has been grazed.

6. You have a mobile watering system, so manure stays in the grazing area.

7. You quit worming with Ivomec, which does a number on your soil insects that normally recycle the manure.

To sum up, if you want to spend a lot of money on fertilizer, let the cows into a big pasture, dump on 150 lbs of N, all at once and burn the earthworms and other bugs, watch the cows graze the best plants over and over again until they are dead, Nuke the dung beetles with ivomec, spread manure in the winter so its nutrients can volatize into the air or runoff into a creek or go down into the groundwater. If you do all these things, you will make your local fert dealer very happy. :D
Good post. Another good source for free nutrients, including nitrogen, are the soil microbes . Good management practices such as the ones KmacGinley mention here, help the soil life thrive.

This post has been awhile. Just seen an add for Montys hay now and add montys liquid carbon, anyone used any of this since 08 good or bad.
I just called a random place they didn't know about the hay now but we're selling alot of the liquid carbon.

Jogeephus":u633gcfq said:
We have a pushy salesman in town who is always telling me the WONDERS of this Magic prduct. After listening to his pitch I'd be scared to walk in a hayfield without safety googles if it were sprayed with Joy Juice. All but one of the people who he claimed "swore by it" said just the opposite when asked independently. Only guy that is still trying it loves the price so much nothing else seems to matter. I've never used it myself but have watched others try it a season. I wish it was as wonderful as the claims but I'm still waiting for someone who has actually used to to tell me it actually works.
I would be scared of the fellow who could pick up a jug that is supposed to be equaliant to a couple tons of fertilizer. I want to know how they get all them pounds of PNK in that jug.
What a joke IMO.

I made a mistake and called the guy that advertised on craigslist that hocks liguid lime and fert. I figure it the same guy JO is referring to. I almost to the point im gonna have to put a block on his number. and I receive mail from him all the time. My theory is if it is a far superior product why do I not see our farmers using it instead of conventional methods

Caustic Burno":1f5pjjwr said:
hillrancher":1f5pjjwr said:
The local feed store has started selling this product. If it is what is claimed to be it will be the cheapest way to fertilize. Easy to apply with a small sprayer. http://www.montysplantfood.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok I am stupid when it comes to this if I buy triple 17 I am getting 51 pounds of actual fertilize to the 100 pounds. Now they are saying this little jug of juice is a wonder product for your pasture as I have heard the sales pitch as well. In my feeble mind I am having to buy a lot of jugs of this juice to get the same pounds on fertilizer. Think I will stick with actual pounds of fertilizer I know works.
Gallon will weight about 8 pounds+. Take your % from the 8 X 2.5 gallons jug= about 20 pounds. Move along!

Latest posts