Has anyone else seen this? New Anti-Gun Law

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
111TH CONGRESS
1ST SESSION

H. R. 45

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES JANUARY 6, 2009

Mr. RUSH introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL
To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

1 Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SHORT TITLE.—This Act may be cited as ''Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009''.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: The guns they are talking about are defined as follows:

The term 'qualifying firearm'— ''means— ''any handgun; or '' any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and ''does not include any antique.''. (Direct quote from bill.)

:mad:

I have read about it. It has been introduced by a congressman out of Illinois. That was the first time I had noticed about any semi-automatic with a detachable feeding device. So I am assuming the rifles with any external magazine like my Bushmaster .223 would be included in this bill? They probably actually have the votes to get this new generation of radical gun laws through, especially with everyones attention diverted to stimulas "hand out for people who want free money" bill.

We've got record turnouts at just about every gun show in Texas.

Last time I went to the Austin show, about two months ago, there were 300 people in line just to get in, and it had been open four hours. The isles were so packed with people, you had to keep walking single-file and keep up with the traffic.

My dad's 62 years old and has been going to gun shows his entire life. He said he'd never seen it like this before. He said he saw the same(big lines, packed full) at the shows in Corpus Christi and San Antonio.

The hot stuff? Ammo, ammo, ammo... "black guns"(Glocks, AR-15s, Hechlar&Koch)...and all automatics.

One man in line yelled out "And they say theres no Obama effect!"

There was an article in the paper last week about how slam packed the gun shops have been! AR's are pretty much impossible to get right now. They are 8-10 weeks out on getting more in and once they get in they are gone in a matter of hours. I have a good friend that works up there so he held two AR15's for me to come up and buy. They got 10 in that day and had 8 of them sold by 1 in the afternoon. Luckily my buddy stuck the last two back for me. Conceal carry classes are slam packed too! Used to be one class a month with 15 people, now it is 4 classes a month with 30+ people. Even a lot of conceal carry guns like the Kel Tecs and Smith and Wesson 638's are selling off the shelves.

All I got to say is One Big Ass Mistake America.

As Thomas Jefferson said from time to time the tree of liberty has to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

We have two choices fight or bury our heads in the sand and not believe it like the Jews of Germany.
History is repeating itself in world events of the 30's economies, nationalization, disarmament of the masses and fear mongering.
Go back and listen to a great orator named Hitler if you want the hair on the back of your neck to stand up.
A member of my family has fought or died in every war since the Revolutionary war and on both sides during the War of States Rights to the current one, freedom has a high price tag the alternative is just much worse ask 20 million Russian souls about Stalin.

Caustic Burno":14o4k7i9 said:
ask 20 million Russian souls about Stalin.

Stalin starved the peasants. The independent farmers. He confiscated their crops, and he starved them. To be replaced by the "collective farm". Stalin turned farming into a government job. We might think to ask how that worked out for the USSR.
Earl Butz asked "who gets up at 3 am to watch the collective sow pig?".
I don't want to go down this road, but it looks like I'm a passenger.

I'm proud to say that my state, Texas, is preparing itself for further anti-gun, or any other compulsory action from the federal government.

From the Texas Legislature Site:

02/23/2009 H Referred to State Affairs
Introduced

"Affirming that the State of Texas claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed."

Here's the site:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HCR50

Click 'Text' then click the Word or .PDF file to see the original document...

When your entire, arms-bearing constituency calls, writes, and bugs you to do something---you do it.

I applaud Texas Congress.

TxStateCowboy":23j1z49h said:
I'm proud to say that my state, Texas, is preparing itself for further anti-gun, or any other compulsory action from the federal government.

From the Texas Legislature Site:

02/23/2009 H Referred to State Affairs
Introduced

"Affirming that the State of Texas claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed."

Here's the site:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HCR50

Click 'Text' then click the Word or .PDF file to see the original document...

When your entire, arms-bearing constituency calls, writes, and bugs you to do something---you do it.

I applaud Texas Congress.

This isn't the first time we have had a ruckus over states rights took a little longer for the boil to fester the second time.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

'reasonable restrictions' lead to unreasonable restrictions leads to confiscation leads to being a subject not a citizen.

If an unreasonable government comes to your door how effective is your old 12 guage single shot going to be to preserve your freedom?

The Founding Fathers knew EXACTLY what they meant, even if some of the modern day politicians think they know better!

robert":3spr1dti said:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

'reasonable restrictions' lead to unreasonable restrictions leads to confiscation leads to being a subject not a citizen.

If an unreasonable government comes to your door how effective is your old 12 guage single shot going to be to preserve your freedom?

The Founding Fathers knew EXACTLY what they meant, even if some of the modern day politicians think they know better!

And the really bad part is the abominable, oops, obama will probably aapoint at least 2 supreme court justices

Caustic Burno":22yiwahl said:
All I got to say is One Big Ass Mistake America.

As Thomas Jefferson said from time to time the tree of liberty has to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

We have two choices fight or bury our heads in the sand and not believe it like the Jews of Germany.
History is repeating itself in world events of the 30's economies, nationalization, disarmament of the masses and fear mongering.
Go back and listen to a great orator named Hitler if you want the hair on the back of your neck to stand up.
A member of my family has fought or died in every war since the Revolutionary war and on both sides during the War of States Rights to the current one, freedom has a high price tag the alternative is just much worse ask 20 million Russian souls about Stalin.

nice speech :clap:

Latest posts