Has anybody received a stimulus check?

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
ga.prime said:
G-men make everything so complicated that nobody knows what's going on. Do you have to pay it back or not? Somebody told me the IRS will deduct it from your withholding tax refund next year. That ain't worth horse hockey.

I am under the impression that it does not have to be repaid. I certainly hope that's the case because I put mine into the 529 accounts we opened for our 2 young grandchildren.
That's a lot of accounts. Haha, kidding. I googled the question if it had to be repaid and the answer was a bunch of double talk nonsense about tax credits and whatnot. They wont get anything back from my withholding tax refund because I won't have one. If they want it back they'll get it by hook or by crook, I've had that experience.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
It has to be paid back sometime down the road.

Then I wish they hadn't sent it to me.

Just forward it to me. Just say you never received it - can't tax what you never received. Be more than happy to help get rid of it for you.

Aaron said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
It has to be paid back sometime down the road.

Then I wish they hadn't sent it to me.

Just forward it to me. Just say you never received it - can't tax what you never received. Be more than happy to help get rid of it for you.

I'm just a hair smarter than G. Prime, I had it deposited into my account.

slick4591 said:
Got mine this morning but it ain't enough to buy another cow.

Awe man that sucks!!!

I didn't feel nothing out to see of we can get anything.

sstterry said:
Chevy said:
slick4591 said:
Got mine this morning but it ain't enough to buy another cow.

Awe man that sucks!!!

I didn't feel nothing out to see of we can get anything.

It is supposed to be automatic. Maybe you can buy your husband a decent haircut! :hide: :lol2:

Automatic where? Mailbox? 🤔 I didn't tell them where to mail me any Coronavirus. 🤓😝 How do yall know them checks don't have Coronavirus on them?

Yea my husband needs a decent haircut poor guy. 😔 I feel sorry for him. Than again he picked me. 😅😝🤡😎👻

callmefence said:
ga.prime said:
G-men make everything so complicated that nobody knows what's going on. Do you have to pay it back or not? Somebody told me the IRS will deduct it from your withholding tax refund next year. That ain't worth horse hockey.

Who's somebody ????
My son who finished school and started working a full time job in May, 2019. He has not been put out of work during this shutdown.

ga.prime said:
callmefence said:
ga.prime said:

Who's somebody ????
My son who finished school and started working a full time job in May, 2019. He has not been put out of work during this shutdown.
Your son is incorrect. The people that made it complicated are the idiots on Twitter that started the rumor that it was a loan and had to be paid back because they weren't smart enough to understand it. It's simply not true. Here's an explanation.

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/will-we-have-to-pay-back-stimulus-check-2020-4

M.Magis said:
ga.prime said:
callmefence said:
Who's somebody ????
Your son is incorrect. The people that made it complicated are the idiots on Twitter that started the rumor that it was a loan and had to be paid back because they weren't smart enough to understand it. It's simply not true. Here's an explanation.

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/will-we-have-to-pay-back-stimulus-check-2020-4

Thanks for posting. Maybe some people jumped the gun and applied for it as a loan. Maybe they read about doing that in the business section if the Enquirer. They should have just waited a few days to have it automatically given to them like the rest of us.
Lol

sstterry said:
I never have a refund, I always owe them. I have to wait on a paper check :x
Me to hope they do not bounce when we try to cash them. The checks had to be held up to have time to program them to have the golden one's name on them.

M.Magis said:
ga.prime said:
callmefence said:
Who's somebody ????
That's what I think too, he's incorrect. I don't know why he thought that. It would be unjust for it to be paid back only if you got a tax refund next year.

This quote is from your explanation link:

"Your stimulus payment is technically a refundable tax credit, which reduces your 2020 tax bill on a dollar-for-dollar basis. It's like having store credit at your favorite clothing shop: When you apply it to your total bill, it reduces what you owe. In this case, even if you have no tax liability, the government is "refunding" your credit back to you as a cash payment."

That kind of language is what makes it complicated. I'm sure not smart enough to know what that mumbo jumbo means and I'm not on twitter.

Latest posts