Hardee's and Angus Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

Dun is right bc the best meat out there is SIMMENTAL!! lol. That is the only beef that is in our freezer and we cook and it is always off our farm and it sure makes my taste buds water thinkin about it now. I am going to go fix me a steak!!!

To realy start a rukus the best beef I have ever eaten was 1/2 Jersey and 1/2 Angus butchered at 1250 lbs.. To make sure we were not dreaming I raised two more just like him. They were all just as good. Wish I had another good Jersey cow and would do it again. Then of course it takes money to buy the cow. :lol:

llcupit":1va9e9bq said:
To realy start a rukus the best beef I have ever eaten was 1/2 Jersey and 1/2 Angus butchered at 1250 lbs.. To make sure we were not dreaming I raised two more just like him. They were all just as good. Wish I had another good Jersey cow and would do it again. Then of course it takes money to buy the cow. :lol:

Milk the mom and eat the calves, might be a self sufficient Cross. :lol:

Beef is not all the same...I have had killed 7 or 8 head in the past few years.. 100% Angus (Black),F-1 black baldies, and half angus 25% hereford 25% char.. Live weights from 1000 to 1450 lbs... hanging 16 to 25 days...all feed of 90 to 120 days on corn and bermuda hay, with clean water and white salt... About 10% fat in my ground beef.. They were all great eating...Aint no store bought beef that compares.....

llcupit":290vmcje said:

Have to agree with Jersey. We ate several when growing up in the dairy business..... The best!!!!!!

But dang it takes a long time to fatten them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I like how we bash "store bought beef" yet we're the producers of said store bought beef.

Was that a shower thought from this morning? This thread is 13 years old. :)

You linked it in his thread http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121558&start=15

I totally forgot, I am getting old.

We had a running joke at the vet chute at the sale barn; if a cow preg checked open and had blk hair she was headed to Hardees. If she was any other color she was bound for McDonald's.

Jerseys are consistently the second best marbling beef after Wagyu.... and look at how long they take to get to that "primo" marbling state. Which, by the way, I think is WAY TOO MUCH MARBLING.... for my tastes.
I have eaten mostly all jersey and jersey cross beef for over 40 years. It marbles nice, yet they don't carry the fat under the hide like the beef breeds. It does have a little bit "sweeter" taste in my opinion.... but ANY GOOD HOME RAISED BEEF is better than most all you get out in the public. And a good jersey x angus will finish pretty fast. I have a jersey steer that will be going to butcher in late winter or so.... he will be pushing the 30 month rule but I want the backbones so will fudge it if I have to. He's almost 24 months (July 20th I think) Would get him done faster but don't have a kill date. Never thought that it was going to be a problem until this stupid hysteria hit.... Planned to get him done around Nov or Dec.....
Guess that is why I mostly eat seafood out.... because I don't grow it. I do envy all those of you who have access to fresh seafood. I am not the best seafood cook, but I sure do love it when someone cooks it right.

Latest posts