Hard to find a place to feed for the mud.....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Muddy and the cows are wet every day feeding it seems. Mild temperatures lately and at least around here two more months to feed. It does get old. I don't see how the northern people stand it.

sS0NxAE.jpg

0rrhZdv.jpg

I've seen other pics where the mud was much worse than yours, but I know how deceiving a little grass on top of wet ground can be. Good looking cows tho!!

greybeard":2y0p0xo4 said:
I've seen other pics where the mud was much worse than yours, but I know how deceiving a little grass on top of wet ground can be. Good looking cows tho!!
I have every kind under the rainbow. :lol: Most of my younger cows are mostly Angus or Angus cross. About three years ago I had a bunch get old and they were to expensive too replace then IMO. Maybe pretty soon I can get back fully stocked. I have 25 first year heifers with calf and 25 more about 600-800 lbs. that I have average around $600-$650 a piece in.

Hate to complain, but 6 plus inches over just a few days can make a real mess of things. No where dry to lay, and as soon as you unroll bedding, it turns to slop!

Fire Sweep Ranch said:
Hate to complain, but 6 plus inches over just a few days can make a real mess of things. No where dry to lay, and as soon as you unroll bedding, it turns to slop!
Fire Sweep Ranch said:
I have been watching the weather, you guys have been getting dumped on. We have been catching the edge and the rivers have been up the biggest since 1977 around here.

Same problem here, it's a mess can't get off the farm roads or right on the tops of the hills or you'll go on an unwanted ride to the bottom of the hill. Cows are calving now, and have to walk to them to check on and tag the calf, sure no driving to them. Our houses and barns are all close on the top of a hill, ( we have to utilize what little level land we have for buildings). The back yard is more or less the barn fronts, and that area is just soupy mud where I have kept a few rolls of hay for easy access, and the tractors have run.

Fire Sweep Ranch":1fwit13t said:

That's more what it looks like here...but thank God, it warm...

Fire Sweep Ranch":2pcn6xce said:

What a mess!!!!!!

Ken

Latest posts