Hard to beat a good fire.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":3upzm6js said:

Thoughts running wild like the flames, a hot cup of coffee, life is good. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Agreed-fire is a sign of life. When I read your post, it seemed like the beginning of a good book-are you a writer?

reeler":2rga65fa said:
True Grit Farms":2rga65fa said:

Thoughts running wild like the flames, a hot cup of coffee, life is good. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Agreed-fire is a sign of life. When I read your post, it seemed like the beginning of a good book-are you a writer?

Or an arsonist? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jogeephus":1uucbsay said:
Or an arsonist? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

What is it with fire and flames that fascinates us so...it's hypnotic, mysterious and almost spellbinding. I could sit around a fire for ages and not say a word and as TGF says "thoughts running wild".

Pics later but I guess it's just coincidental the top 2 threads in Coffeeshop are fire related. Whole Eastern and NE sky here is dark with smoke. The Forest Service is doing a prescribed burn on 1000 acres of National Forest. Sure hope the wind doesn't change. Those folks scare the crap out of me several times every year.

True Grit Farms":176wvh8a said:

Now you are talking my kind of excitement and enjoyment: a nice fire and a cup of coffee.

That wood stove I bought is simply too efficient. Love the glass front on it and watching the flames. But it will run you out of the house. We've only built a few fires this winter.

I agreed

IMG_20170130_101150_zpsn0kcyiqy.jpg

channel 12 in Richmond has been predicting a dusting for several days for Sunday night Monday Morning....do not know about other stations...

I believe they were saying 30 to 40 percent chance of light snow....
:cowboy:

lavacarancher":t987i848 said:
I sure miss our fireplace. Wife decided to take it out and replace it with patio doors. She said she didn't like the smell in the house.

I think I may have had to replace my wife first before the fire place ... Fireplace will always keep me warm no matter what I do or say... Wife not so much :cboy:

lavacarancher":2e6sb5sz said:
I sure miss our fireplace. Wife decided to take it out and replace it with patio doors. She said she didn't like the smell in the house.

I don't like the smell either. Also not a fan of an open flame in the house. I don't get warm fuzzy feelings from sitting around the central heat and air though, so I guess there is a trade off.

callmefence":3jkwnph7 said:
He spoke of the simple things in life . he reminded me that at his age a good fire is hard to beat.

Quote . John Dunbar, speaking about chief Ten Bears. Dances with Wolves :D
There's almost a quote for everything from that movie...seen it several times. Recently quoted "Good trade"

Latest posts