Hard to beat a good fire.

Help Support CattleToday:

A man who was like a second father to me loved his fireplace and had a fire in it every night that was even a little bit cool.

when i was a kid my dad made a deal with Blackburn that I would help him around the farm in exchange for keeping my horse there....

he taught me how to build things...he taught me a work ethic, he taught me a lot of things about how to be a man....I probably spent more time with him in my teenage years than I did with my dad....on snowy and wet miserable days we would quit early and go in the house and lay on the floor in front of the fireplace and watch old western movies on tee vee.

One of the things I learned how to do from him was how to cut split and stack wood enough for a years worth of fire wood. I got to where I could split wood with an ax or hammer and wedges like a machine....I used to cut electric poles to fire place length with a double bit ax and then split them...he decided I was wasting too much wood with the chopping and bought me a small McCullock chain saw...I could cut faster with the ax....

I miss the strength and youth of those days but we have a fire going in the woodstove right now....in fact we heat with a woodstove and a coal stove exclusively....dusty and dirty but we are warm and no worries about the power going out...

skyhightree1":3uco1ri8 said:

Knock it off Sky Sky I'm in the south Florida and a cool front came through today. Got all the way down to 67 this morning. And it's 82 outside and no bikinis at the sand bar today. It's to cold for sand bar Sunday. My son says the beach is loaded with Yankees sunbathing, I need to ride up there a get a picture or two for KT.

True Grit Farms":u1et04kr said:
skyhightree1":u1et04kr said:

Knock it off Sky Sky I'm in the south Florida and a cool front came through today. Got all the way down to 67 this morning. And it's 82 outside and no bikinis at the sand bar today. It's to cold for sand bar Sunday. My son says the beach is loaded with Yankees sunbathing, I need to ride up there a get a picture or two for KT.

:D

I love a good fire. Our first fire in the the Arkansas house.

C347467C-E15E-4302-948C-63BA4561724F.jpg

Our last fire in Raleigh.
F31D0A9C-2738-4A47-8652-F57C63BDED97.jpg

Latest posts