Hard Cull'in in 2020

Help Support CattleToday:

Remember both Silver and Gcreekrch are in Canada. When you calculate the exchange rate their prices are about what things sell for here. The last I knew the exchange rate was 0.73. It goes up and down almost daily so that rate may not be current.
Yes, 77 cents exchange today, so $1.14 would be .88 USD

Going for a new hip this coming Tuesday. Been planning a herd reduction of some sort since last June. Projections made on $1600 bred cows went out the window Wednesday. We sold 300 of our bottom end, older and late calving cows that averaged 2079 across the board.
Kept our open cows and have bought another 100 65 cent cows to carry some money thought the New Year. They are on good feed at our son's place. Thinking a 300 lb gain in 100 days and maybe 25 cents higher price once the glut is gone. We implanted these cows to see what the results were for ourselves.
Thursday regular sale had a few late arrival bred heifers in it. Picked up two for $1050. Maybe they will double in value in ten years time.

Can't take it with you when you're gone,
But I want enough to get there on...
An I ain't ever growin' old.....
So I keep on rollin' with the flow.....
That's good news, congratulations on your sale.

It was 14 cents higher than any other bull that went through the ring that day too. I don't know why that would be.
He would have been good and very empty when he sold.

Do you have a photo of him?

He would have been good and very empty when he sold.

Do you have a photo of him?
No recent photos. It was three bulls, through the ring at one time. They looked to be in about the same state of emptiness as the other bulls that went through. Might have been some gamesmanship going on between some buyers. Hard to say.

Games going on between buyers????? Has that ever happened before?

I looked up the sales reports from the sale barns around here Most listed the top bulls at .85. There was one barn that had the top at .87. You done good.

Strong start to the bred sale season here. AI heifers brought U$S 1500. A buyer bought a couple pot loads of the best cows. The hobby guys fought over the rest, with anything decent going for over $1000. Sellers were very happy.

I usually consign some older cows to this sale, but missed this year...

Hay prices have ticked up here. I think there is some tax buying for it also.

Junk grass is $70/T. Corn stocks are a better value if you are a TMR man.
Stemmy alfalfa grass mix cow hay is $95/T.

Can not buy a good cow and buy good hay and make it work unless you are an optimist..

Latest posts