Happy Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

I forgot to take pictures before we started but here's the damage about 1/2 way thru putting it all away.(at my oldest sister's place 6 miles from me)
4 different platters of turkey.
3 different platters of ham.
3 different pans of cornbread dressing.
Assorted veg dishes-mash potatoes, broccoli, sweet potato casserole (SO! good!) Green beans, steamed and seasoned squash, steamed broccoli, a corn casserole of some kind, and PIES and cookies, salads, deviled eggs, smoked duck (not the one I killed recently)
Well, just see for yourself:

DSC00764.JPGDSC00765.JPGDSC00767.JPGDSC00766.JPG

And then, it happened. (rained heavily in the early morning hours and didn't stop until about noon) and my nephew backed his mother's 'mighty' Dodge Ram off into a soft spot.
DSC00768.JPG
That's right.. it's a HEMI.
DSC00773.JPG
DSC00769.JPG
Who ya gonna call? (It ain't GM)
DSC00770.JPG
No prima donna Chevy's wanted to get off the hard ground and safety of the front yard to try. (There was only 1 there anyway and he didn't want to get his pretty shiny ride muddy)
No shortage of FoMoCo and the 'Mighty HEMI was freed without breathing hard. DSC00772.JPG there tho.

DSC00771.JPG

And then, it happened. (rained heavily in the early morning hours and didn't stop until about noon) and my nephew backed his mother's 'mighty' Dodge Ram off into a soft spot.
View attachment 10538
That's right.. it's a HEMI.
View attachment 10539
View attachment 10540
Who ya gonna call? (It ain't GM)
View attachment 10541
No prima donna Chevy's wanted to get off the hard ground and safety of the front yard to try. (There was only 1 there anyway and he didn't want to get his pretty shiny ride muddy)
No shortage of FoMoCo and the 'Mighty HEMI was freed without breathing hard. View attachment 10543 there tho.

View attachment 10542

Okay boys go wash your toys when you really get stuck for real not in a puddle 😆🤡let me know. 😆😝

Quiet here, Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. 4 weeks since both knees replaced and starting to get around a bit. Bad allergic reaction to both adhesive tape and the glue used to hold zip-lines to keep incisions together but starting to see some improvement. Thankful for being home and starting to mend.

Okay boys go wash your toys when you really get stuck for real not in a puddle 😆🤡let me know. 😆😝
Why..?
So you can call and send someone with a Ford?
(Remember..I drive a Chevy truck myself. I know what they're really like. I wasn't in it today but wouldn't have mattered if I had been. )

Why..?
So you can call and send someone with a Ford?
(Remember..I drive a Chevy truck myself. I know what they're really like. I wasn't in it today but wouldn't have mattered if I had been. )

Wait hold up a minute.... how you going to drive a Ford and a Chevy?! That's wrong all around. That's like not know what team you are cheering for. 🤨🤔🦨💨🤣
OH MY!!
Greybeard.... 🤔💭 dang I'm not sure about all that.

I wish someone would of tried pulling it out with a chevy because I wanted to see pictures of the Ford pulling them both out at the same time.

Woke up that would be in your dreams. 🤣🤡

Wait hold up a minute.... how you going to drive a Ford and a Chevy?! That's wrong all around. That's like not know what team you are cheering for. 🤨🤔🦨💨🤣
OH MY!!
Greybeard.... 🤔💭 dang I'm not sure about all that.

We all make mistakes now and then. I drove Fords (and one Mercury) for over 50 years. Then, the local Chevy dealer made me a good (cheap) deal on a new Silverado. It didn't take me long to find out why it was so cheap and I'm not talking about just dollar wise.
My next one will have a blue oval on the front of it.

(I had only one other Chevy product in my life and it was a '61 Corvette. I thought it was the cat's meow ... until I drove a Ford Shelby GT350. Didn't buy it, but I sure wish I had now)

Quiet here, Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. 4 weeks since both knees replaced and starting to get around a bit. Bad allergic reaction to both adhesive tape and the glue used to hold zip-lines to keep incisions together but starting to see some improvement. Thankful for being home and starting to mend.
Jan, this may sound a bit odd but my thoughts wander your way when Bessie comes a running for feed every day. She don't get feed but once in a while in the off season.

Glad to hear your on the mend!
You'll be back in the saddle in no time! I, for one, am super excited to see you enjoying your cows again soon!

Latest posts