Happy Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

I hope everyone is with the ones they love and that we do take the time to be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving CTers past and present.

history-of-the-first-thanksgiving.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
We all have a lot to be thankful for.
(but I'm also thankful this holiday only comes once a year too. Too much cooking, too much eating. I made Mexican flan yesterday and it came out great .... but only after the 1st attempt at the caramel was a complete rock hard failure)

Happy Thanksgiving all!! We are celebrating TG with our traditional week long hunting with family. We have 10 family members here from Rhode Island. Wall to wall air mattresses for a week. I don't do any cooking - sister & niece pretty much do everything. I just get to go out hunting as I want to. Haven't gotten one yet. Nephew Phil got a nice 8 point this am.

We all talk often about the loss between live weight and hanging wt, and between HW and take home cuts in cattle, but the loss in a turkey must be a lot more than 40%.
I cooked (in electric roaster) an unstuffed 15.5 lb turkey last night. When I got it all broken down/deboned, I suspect there was only about 5-6 lbs of meat there.