Happy Left Handers Day!

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Those folks have a lot against them. My wife is a south paw and through the years I have had to modify a few things to fit her.

International Left Handers Day on August 13th recognizes all those individuals who have mastered using their left hand in a right-handed world. We take our hats off to you – left-handed!

Last edited:
Oh, the persecution we have faced! Seems like there should be an apology from the pope, some sort of compensation fund, an effort to cast lefty's in super hero roles, etc. It's time us southpaws (and those who identify as southpaw) get our fair shake!
Why do we just get a day? Southpaw history month would be the least they could do.

an effort to cast lefty's in super hero roles, etc. It's time us southpaws (and those who identify as southpaw) get our fair shake!
IF you can throw a baseball you've already been over compensated. :)

25% of MLB pitchers are southpaws vs 10% of general population.
And lefties get to stand around loafing at first base instead of catching.
46% of first basemen are left handed. 0 left handed catchers in MLB, so the right handed get stuck doing the brunt of the work in handling the most mentally and physically challenging position in all of baseball.

Last edited:
I was originally left handed, but an injury to my hand at a young age caused me to have to do some things with my right hand, as well as pressure from the nuns at the Catholic school I attended during the elementary grades. Some of them would actually hit you with a ruler or pointer for using your left hand to write. One said that using the left hand was of the devil.
I do various tasks with either. When I would play baseball as a child I would bat left handed, but pitched right handed. I can use a hammer with both.

What is this spiral ring binder you speak of?
View attachment 20106
Big Chief was good. But they switched us to 3-ring notebooks and spiral notebooks at about 2nd grade. I'm really right hand and right eye dominant. I have no idea why I picked up my first crayon left handed. Should have had a nun with a ruler to slap the devil out of using that hand to write.

Big Chief was good. But they switched us to 3-ring notebooks and spiral notebooks at about 2nd grade. I'm really right hand and right eye dominant. I have no idea why I picked up my first crayon left handed. Should have had a nun with a ruler to slap the devil out of using that hand to write.
Trust me, you did not want one of those nuns whacking you with a ruler. To a 6-8 year old, they seemed like 100 years old, and darn near able it instantly levitate from behind their desks to hovering over you, while simultaneously banging that yardstick on you. Heaven help you if they caught you up or moving around in your seat. Felt like like your arm was being pulled out of your shoulder socket, or whiplash from being shoved back in your seat.
Us chilllins was relieved when we got a few years in and they started having civilian teachers. By that time though we was whooped into shape enough that they wasn't much problem.

South paw here, seems every lefty I've ever meet is skilled with both hands from living in a right hand world.
I have learned to do about everything but write right handed.which is the single most frustrating task.

My wife and i are both lefties and all our kids are righties. I am happy for them. My mum was hit on the knuckles by the nuns so became right handed. Dad is completely mixed up, right handed, dominant left foot and holds a bat right hand stance with a left hand grip, it is the weirdest thing to see. But he was a champion at sport so i dont question him!

Those folks have a lot against them. My wife is a south paw and through the years I have had to modify a few things to fit her.

International Left Handers Day on August 13th recognizes all those individuals who have mastered using their left hand in a right-handed world. We take our hats off to you – left-handed!

Wow very few women are!
I can do most anything with both.
When I went to school they forced me to write right handed.

My wife and i are both lefties and all our kids are righties. I am happy for them. My mum was hit on the knuckles by the nuns so became right handed. Dad is completely mixed up, right handed, dominant left foot and holds a bat right hand stance with a left hand grip, it is the weirdest thing to see. But he was a champion at sport so i dont question him!
I bat left throw right and was an above average ball player.

My left hand is so foreign to me, I use it to flog the bishop. Feels like someone else is doing it (staying with the Catholic theme here):ROFLMAO:

My dad is right handed, but shoots a rifle left handed. I have a cousin and a uncle that are left handed, but can swing a hammer with either.

I can drink a beer with either. 🤣

I bat left throw right and was an above average ball player.
I'm the opposite at all three.

Any fine work I have to do with my right hand.

Back in my fighting days, I could switch stance when I got tired and not skip a beat. Really messes with the opponent.
Southpaw is a natural advantage, and our gym had as many southpaws as orthodox.

Latest posts