Happy Father's Day to me!

Help Support CattleToday:

John SD

Reaction score
No, I'm not a father and I don't play one on TV. :p But I went to town on Sunday after church and bought me a new toy. ;-)

Cub Cadet 50" zero turn mower with Kohler engine was on sale for $2999 + tax. Tried it out for an hour when I got home. Then on Mon and Tues I mowed around the church and cemetary and the community hall and fire hall.

Stopped in at the local country store and the lady said she had been told I was a mowin' fool! :lol: I plead guilty on both counts! :lol: Even have a pretty fair sunburn to show for it. :oops:

This zero turn actually has a steering wheel instead of sticks. Store guy said that was his preference. After using it, I kinda agree with him. Don't have to have both hands always ready to steer.

I don't have much for sidehill mowing, but the store guy said the steering wheel model handles better on slopes than the stick model with crazy wheels on the front.

Probably not the "best" mower I could have purchased but will be plenty adequate for my intended use. Local place has more heavy duty looking Rhino ZTR mowers also with Kohler engines. 44" priced at $5695. 52" at $6295.

I'm not convinced the Rhino 52" is twice as good a mower as my Cub Cadet. Time will either prove me right, or prove me wrong. :nod:

what brand cub? and is the deck stamped or welded.

I have a old ztr that CUB made and private labeled for another brand. It makes short work of our yard work. I got it free and put a new engine on it 1000.00 new clutch this year 400.00 and go thru about 5 sets a blade a year. my yard is sandy. I noticed the other day I have to pull the deck and weld a patch where a hole has worn thru and its a welded deck.

youll do real good with that mower till that kohler motor takes a dump.i truelly hope its a better motor now than it was years ago.

The mower model is RZT-S with a stamped deck.

The Kohler engine is a 7000 series KT730 2 cyl OHV with 725cc displacement rated at 23HP with a 3.27" bore X 2.6" stroke.

Holds 2 quarts of oil with a spin-on filter. 10W-30 is recommended changed at 100 hours

I bought some Mobil 1 10W-30 synthetic for it and intend to change oil more often than 100 hours.

I hope the Kohler holds together. I plan to run the break-in oil 50 hours or less. Got 12 on it now.

Latest posts