Happy Easter to my cows. I added the picture.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
We moved the cows from the woods to one of my food plots. The cows fed for less than 3 hours and laid down chewing their cud.

It's probably grown 10-12 inches in the few weeks. We had a frost last week that burned the Bermuda grass back. I like to see the cows happy. When I push them in the woods hard you can tell their not happy. And they'll let you know their not happy, they haven't made a peep today.

Looking great! Wish my grass looked like that. Mine are finishing up their rye grass before it gets plowed up. They are getting tired of it and keep coming out in the pastures to graze.

Looking good! Ours is green but only 3 inches tall so far

We will be doing the same thing in three weeks. It'll be a more quiet around.

Deepsouth, I didn't plant winter grazing for the cows last year. Thought I had enough hay and corn, but I mismanaged my resources. I put the cows in the woods and let them scrounge for about a month. I try and put hay out also when I have it. The more the cows are in the woods, the better the woods get for the cows. Jogeephus, told me it takes 20 acres of woods per cow per year to get by. So I just figured 2 acres per day per cow and let them have at it. The cows did a better job eating the woods this year than last year.The first couple of days the cows make a big fuss, after that they shut up and start scrounging. I'm reluctant to push them really hard, because I have ferns, black cherry and some other toxic weeds.

Latest posts