Happy Days are on the way

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Went to bed wed night to thunder and lightning.
Woke up thur. morn and checked rain guage. 1in.
Rained off and on thur.
Fri morn now and haven't checked the rain guage yet, but will let ya all know.

Was in nam with a gentelman from ky. he had two favorite sayings; 1. "Happy days are on the way". and, 2."Just like I like it".
No mater where we were or how hard it got he still had those sayings.
I cant believe it's been almost 38 yrs and I havent forgot.
Can still hear him.

Cal

I want some happy days too. We NEED rain bad.

Neat how things can take you back and remember things from the past. A certain smell, song, aura.

RebelCritter":2vgg6dk0 said:
I want some happy days too. We NEED rain bad.

Neat how things can take you back and remember things from the past. A certain smell, song, aura.

We should get some of that needed rain tomorrow Critter. Hopefully anyway. ;-)

We got around 6" at one place along with a tornado. It missed the barns and spared the cattle but took out a bunch of big trees and some fence, blew down the fuel tank (empty, thank goodness) and made a general mess of things. The neighbor lady lost part of her roof and her house got flooded. But hey, it could have been worse, everybody's still alive and the ponds got water.

We've been needing rain very badly here. We limed 80 acres almost two weeks ago and thought we'd get some rain to wash it into the ground but got none. The temp's been in the high 80's to mid 90's every day. It's even rained all around us the past two days but we got none. Finally, I woke up in the middle of the night with a pretty good storm going on but I was very happy because we got a good rain. We're supposed to get more today-bring it on!!! :lol:

We got 1/2" rain Wednesay Night, 1 1/2" last night and appear to be on target for more rain tonight.

I gotta' find me 4 good sunshine days in the next week or so to get my fescue hay cut........

Got a grand total of 2in. and a chance of more in a long range forcast. 7 days forcast. could use a lot more but glad for what we got.

Cal

Latest posts