Happy Calves, let's see'em

Help Support CattleToday:

2/B or not 2/B":3iqv8vxw said:
I don't think I've posted a picture of this heifer calf yet. She loves to strike a pose, seems full of herself, is friendlier than all the others, and always makes me smile.

1578056.jpg

That's a really nice calf....."with attitude". :lol2:

Last one of the year for me.
Only black that I got off of my red roan shorty bull.
I doubt she weighed 45lbs at birth. This pic is at one week and she's growing well, and first time momma got a big bag full.
I was a little taken back at the size though. Looks like she's gonna have roan hairs all over and blacker than this pic.
herd_50909_050.jpg

Finally got the pic to upload.

man that's a small BW, but great for heifers... looks really nice... our shorty bull tends to throw solid colored calves, the heaviest was 145 at birth, he's a month old now and is as big as some 3 month old ones that were born at 100 lb... I didn't bring any pictures with me this time unfortunately... but I'll have some next time

Here is our very first birth on our farm, a white face hereford bull calf born on May 15th.

Our second birth on the farm is another white faced hereford, a heifer born on May 23rd.

I'm betting this is how you wanted to post them purdy calves.

CowGirl005 said:
Here is our very first birth on our farm, a white face hereford bull calf born on May 15th.
IMG_2822.jpg

Our second birth on the farm is another white faced hereford, a heifer born on May 23rd.
IMG_2394_1.jpg

Thanks 1982vett, it took me long enough to figure out how to get the pics actually on there. :D
They are perfect for our first calves on our farm cmf1. Just hope the next time will be just as easy! (hooves crossed)

CowGirl005":3q84egz8 said:
Thanks 1982vett, it took me long enough to figure out how to get the pics actually on there. :D
They are perfect for our first calves on our farm cmf1. Just hope the next time will be just as easy! (hooves crossed)
When copying the address, be sure you copy it from the larger picture in you album and not the thumbnail (smaller). (Clicking on the thumbnail brings up a larger photo when viewing you album) As for posting the same picture twice........... :p

1982vett":16q2ecs4 said:
I'm betting this is how you wanted to post them purdy calves.

CowGirl005":16q2ecs4 said:
IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2394_1.jpg

Here's a couple more pictures Cowgirl005 took over the weekend.

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

CowGirl005":1essf7a7 said:

Beautiful calves Cowgirl! are they full Herefords? they look like a calf a friend of mine had who was a herf/simmi.

Thanks spinandslide, they are both a handful! The calves are both out of a full white faced hereford bull, the bull calf is out of what we believe to be a pure white faced hereford cow and the heifer calf is out of a whitefaced hereford/angus cow cross.

Latest posts