Happy 4-H family

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I got this message a few days ago:
"Hi Jeanne, the 260E steer weighed 1005 pounds with an average daily gain of 3.27 since we got him from you. The Z3E was 1100 with a average daily gain of 3.45 . Figured you may get a kick out of that info we haven't pushed them at all either. Thanks again "
This family has 3 girls and they feed out around 14 head and the girls market all their beef. Some of the steers are designated as their show steers (the two above) and they go through their 4-H sale, but the girls always make sure they have buyers set up before the sale.

That's awesome. I sold two steers to a couple of neighbour girls last year. One won the average daily gain trophy and the other the grand champion carcass. They were very proud, and I was a little too :)

they have won grand & res. grand with my steers the last few years. Hard working girls. They work with their cattle all the time. Came out to learn how to clip them. The youngest is about 9 - she videoed the whole session so they could go home & do it themselves. The oldest used some of her steer profits to pick out a heifer this year.

Latest posts