Handiest thing I've bought in a long time.

Help Support CattleToday:

Surprisingly, a livestock shelter. It can be completely open inside or divided into 3 sections by opening/shutting chaining the panels. I've had to treat 3 calves for pneumonia and working them has been as easy as shutting them into one of the sections, squeezing them into a corner & securing the panels. I have a halter & rope handy but haven't had to use either; just dump some cubes in a bowl, let them eat, take their temp & give them a shot. Ironically, the chute is sitting on the trailer right next to the shelter but we still haven't moved the portable corral.thumbnail_IMG_20201025_115842.jpg

Surprisingly, a livestock shelter. It can be completely open inside or divided into 3 sections by opening/shutting chaining the panels. I've had to treat 3 calves for pneumonia and working them has been as easy as shutting them into one of the sections, squeezing them into a corner & securing the panels. I have a halter & rope handy but haven't had to use either; just dump some cubes in a bowl, let them eat, take their temp & give them a shot. Ironically, the chute is sitting on the trailer right next to the shelter but we still haven't moved the portable corral.View attachment 536
I like that TC.

Ken

I have a 4 stroke Stihl commercial pole saw I really like. I can cut more in 30 min with it off the ground than an hour in a loader bucket with a chain saw. Only down side about 30 min at a time is all I can stand.

off topic.....i read this thread all the way thru because I have been shopping for something to do limbing with....

about a year and a half ago I bought a small stihl it think it is a 170.....bought it to clean up fence lines that I had to put a hot wire on....my farm boss was wearing my shoulders out and snagging barb wire all the time....this little saw is a cutting trick and easy to aim and handle....long story short is that I had not used the farm boss since I bought the little one....other day I had a good sized tree fall on the fence....Knew it was probably more than I wanted to tackle with the little saw....
pulled out the fam boss and said to my self it will never start.....thought I would try anyway....checked the gas and it had some old gas in it.... crap it has been sitting here with gas in it....will never start....pulled on it 10 of 12 times with the regular starting routine.....and nothing....put it down to let my arm recover.....thinking what to do.....picked it up and choked it again and it fired....took the choke off and pulled again and BRRRRRRR. blew blue smoke for 15 or 20 seconds and took off like a race horse...
now I do use high test gas in all my small motors and use fuel conditioner as well.....and for the saws I use the Stihl synthetic 2 cycle oil......made a believer out of me....similarly fired up a weed eater that had not run in over a year....just a cheap one....ran like a top....

off topic.....i read this thread all the way thru because I have been shopping for something to do limbing with....

about a year and a half ago I bought a small stihl it think it is a 170.....bought it to clean up fence lines that I had to put a hot wire on....my farm boss was wearing my shoulders out and snagging barb wire all the time....this little saw is a cutting trick and easy to aim and handle....long story short is that I had not used the farm boss since I bought the little one....other day I had a good sized tree fall on the fence....Knew it was probably more than I wanted to tackle with the little saw....
pulled out the fam boss and said to my self it will never start.....thought I would try anyway....checked the gas and it had some old gas in it.... crap it has been sitting here with gas in it....will never start....pulled on it 10 of 12 times with the regular starting routine.....and nothing....put it down to let my arm recover.....thinking what to do.....picked it up and choked it again and it fired....took the choke off and pulled again and BRRRRRRR. blew blue smoke for 15 or 20 seconds and took off like a race horse...
now I do use high test gas in all my small motors and use fuel conditioner as well.....and for the saws I use the Stihl synthetic 2 cycle oil......made a believer out of me....similarly fired up a weed eater that had not run in over a year....just a cheap one....ran like a top....

Yup. For the last several years I only use the pre-mixed fuel without ethanol. It's expensive, but a gallon will last me a year. I've had my chain saw start relatively easy after sitting for over a year with that fuel in the tank.

Yup. For the last several years I only use the pre-mixed fuel without ethanol. It's expensive, but a gallon will last me a year. I've had my chain saw start relatively easy after sitting for over a year with that fuel in the tank.
That is all I use in my saws. The extra cost is worth never having to worry about a saw starting.

Latest posts