Hams

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready.. apparently neither can the rest of my family. Everyone keeps asking me to call them when there ready.

skyhightree1":2tyhea2f said:
I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready.. apparently neither can the rest of my family. Everyone keeps asking me to call them when there ready.

You do still have my address don't you?? Better vacuum seal them too so the FedX man can't smell them. :mrgreen: :cowboy:

TexasBred":13mo6si0 said:
skyhightree1":13mo6si0 said:

You do still have my address don't you?? Better vacuum seal them too so the FedX man can't smell them. :mrgreen: :cowboy:

:lol: Surely you don't want a Virginia country Ham down there in Texas if anyone finds out they may run you out of there :lol:

TexasBred":12y8h6l1 said:
skyhightree1":12y8h6l1 said:

:lol: Surely you don't want a Virginia country Ham down there in Texas if anyone finds out they may run you out of there :lol:

skyhightree1":3ibwogav said:
TexasBred":3ibwogav said:
skyhightree1":3ibwogav said:

We'll take our changes buddy.. :lol2:

TexasBred":2h7sy74k said:
skyhightree1":2h7sy74k said:
TexasBred":2h7sy74k said:

We'll take our changes buddy.. :lol2:

:lol:

Jogeephus":1xt3zbx2 said:
Looks like you are using an awful lot of salt.

I am I keep resalting since its getting warmer and the waters coming out pretty good. I took all salt and such off Saturday and resalted put sugar and pepper black and red pepper flakes. With temperatures warming im trying to keep hocks packed to keep them from spoiling. I will keep them in salt till april then pull out rince hang and dry them and spoke. These hams were a lot bigger than im use too many were 60lbs each when they were green some are firming up pretty good other are getting there but still lil squishy

Id say 600-675 of the largest
The 250lb hogs we killed of another guys he weighed I could take a half and throw those on the table no problem. My largest hogs took 3 men to pick it up a half and move it to the table 1 person was definitely not getting it done 2 was a struggle

Jogeephus":3ahcz5n9 said:
Bet that is smelling good. How long are you planning on smoking them?

It sure does... 2 hams are black peppered up like crazy other 6 hams and shoulder are in molasses black pepper and red pepper such an awesome smell. i am planning to smoke 15 days then every time its rainy and damp outside hit them up with smoke. They are in Hickory/Oak wood now but next week will be apple wood and peach

sstterry":eku713rx said:
Sky must be the reason Virginia Hams are world famous! Those look great!

Thanks I will recoat them again in 2 weeks then add a lil cayenne pepper with the other peppers then wrap in plain butcher paper and leave them till January in the smoke house.

Latest posts