Hammonds, Cliven Bundy, BLM ranchers, BLM

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
greybeard":2bsbgh5v said:
Govt expansion has not been for no reason.
If you want to control a population and ensure your own longevity, you keep as many employees as possible to influence elections.

Govt employee population in the USA last year-2015 (fed, state, local) exceeded 21,995,000.
That, is 9 million more than the total US non govt manufacturing work force--12,329,000.
Margin of victory for the 2012 national election "big govt" candidate over the 2nd closest "smaller govt" rival? About 5 million votes. Self fulfilling.
Either I don't understand what those numbers actual represent, or they're completely wrong.
And is that suggesting that every person in the US that works for the city, state, township, ect…. is going to vote the same way and will have similar viewpoints? I know a handful of people with "government" jobs, and I can assure you that's not true.

M.Magis":i6zw11wc said:
greybeard":i6zw11wc said:
If you want to control a population and ensure your own longevity, you keep as many employees as possible to influence elections.

Govt employee population in the USA last year-2015 (fed, state, local) exceeded 21,995,000.
That, is 9 million more than the total US non govt manufacturing work force--12,329,000.
Margin of victory for the 2012 national election "big govt" candidate over the 2nd closest "smaller govt" rival? About 5 million votes. Self fulfilling.
Either I don't understand what those numbers actual represent, or they're completely wrong.
And is that suggesting that every person in the US that works for the city, state, township, ect…. is going to vote the same way and will have similar viewpoints? I know a handful of people with "government" jobs, and I can assure you that's not true.

You can bet they won't vote themselves out of a job.

Caustic Burno":17whrcmw said:
M.Magis":17whrcmw said:
greybeard":17whrcmw said:

You mean some folks have no pride and will sell their sole for a dollar? Lot's of people I know have, by taking subsidies and cost shares. It's absolutely crazy what some people will do for money.

Caustic Burno":23h81itc said:

Sure, but its off base to suggest that the US government and the local township committee is one and the same.

M.Magis":46bnfk6x said:
Caustic Burno":46bnfk6x said:

Sure, but its off base to suggest that the US government and the local township committee is one and the same.

The locals,state and schools are all bought and paid for if they want federal money
they better be in lock step. If your county wants or needs a FEMA grants for roads and bridges
etc. You can bet your bottom dollar your local officials have their hand out.

I understand that. But the guys out there plowing snow and digging up sewer lines are in no way comparable to suits sitting in an office.

M.Magis":q900xl9a said:
I understand that. But the guys out there plowing snow and digging up sewer lines are in no way comparable to suits sitting in an office.

That is where we disagree no different than the Great Society voters.
They are not cutting off the hand that feeds them.
You have no idea how they vote only the BS they spread.
Your assuming most are ethical, learned a long time ago,man will break every one of the
Ten Commandments over a dollar,woman or a land deed.

M.Magis":3pw2ufxo said:

Maybe so, but have you ever seen the flyers sent out by the unions on who to vote for? I'm sure that the government works the same way. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
CB, you left deer out.

True Grit Farms":en5rdcri said:
M.Magis":en5rdcri said:

Maybe so, but have you ever seen the flyers sent out by the unions on who to vote for? I'm sure that the government works the same way. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
CB, you left deer out.

:lol2: :lol2:
I thought about that after I pushed the submit button.
Too funny.

I don't know, maybe things operate differently around here. To me it seems you guys are freehanding in order to make the dots connect. Either way, those numbers just don't make sense.

So how many people on here work for the Government.????

I do, my income tax is due next Tuesday. I don't believe in subsidies and cost share, so I feel like that I owe the government nothing. The only problem is the government doesn't feel the same way. I imagine that the majority of folks on this board do or have received government subsidies or cost share and some have even received bailouts.

True Grit Farms":15vcjjr0 said:
I do, my income tax is due next Tuesday. I don't believe in subsidies and cost share, so I feel like that I owe the government nothing. The only problem is the government doesn't feel the same way. I imagine that the majority of folks on this board do or have received government subsidies or cost share and some have even received bailouts.
Don't believe in subsides just welfare with a different coat.
All of them started out with good intentions and turned into evil monsters IMO.
True CPA called and said I had filed Monday .

Caustic Burno":1mg8v1gq said:
True Grit Farms":1mg8v1gq said:

No cost shares or bailouts here either. True Grit, I heard today that NMFS is short of funding so they are proposing the fishing industry pays for onboard observers. $700 per day. A 30 day trip with a Govt observer will cost me $21,000. Refuse and loose your permit.

True Grit Farms":3994rmac said:

In a couple years when my Grandpa's CRP contract runs out I plan to get out of the Soil, and Water Conservation program, and out of the FSA. Would go ahead and do it but the buy out is ridiculously high!
Do you think the government will refund me some of my taxes once i'm out? Bet not! :lol2:
But at least I won't owe them anything.

Cross-7":p6djbyav said:
Because of the direction I think the government headed

Didn't we steal this land from the former owners for the same reason? The ultra rich, making decisions that helped themselves while leaving everyone else behind?

Funny, now we find ourselves in the same place as before. Funny how that works when you think about it. Once we only focus on the needs of the top, the whole place goes down. What is the saying about doing the same thing and expecting different results?

bball":2hrh5455 said:
Point is this, history has proven time and time again, when govt of any kind becomes too large or too obtrusive, the people revolt.

I'm not sure I agree with your recollection of history. Is the problem that the government becomes too big or would it be more accurate to say that the problem begins when the government no longer represents the majority?

Too obtrusive?

Sounds like the regular and normal complaints of rich men(/women) wanting to get richer. Afterall, most of government today represents and advocates for the few against the many. Most of that has changed since the much adored "Trickle Down Theory" where ALL the trickle down has ended up in third world countries.

True Grit Farms":2km6nkkt said:
It's absolutely crazy what some people will do for money.

It just goes to show, everyone offered free money will take it. Economically challenged or rich. One way or another. It appears it's in our nature and steadfast in our history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts