Hamburger meat in Austin

Help Support CattleToday:

Got half an inch. Lots of thunder but had to listen intently to hear the rain. Not much wind as far as I know.

I ran a disc and drag across a 20 acre field hogs had gotten into and tore up. Used to till and plant oats on it. I've been letting Mother Nature have her way with it as far as grasses go for a number of years. Decided to drill in some kleingrass and Bermuda seed on it hoping to thicken up the grass. Weather for that has been good this week.

Oops...this is a hamburger meat thread and here we are talking rain and pasture renovation.

Haven't really noticed a big price increase or shortage of meat. Sams was out of Tyson frozen chicken breast last week but they still had the Members Mark brand. Some of the sandwich meats weren't well stocked. Went to H-E-B Bryan and got the chicken their. H-E-B had a lot of people in the meat isle that day.

Shelves are short on meat here. Grocery stores are limiting quantities but I'm not sure to what extent.
Friend runs a very popular chicken, pork and burger BBQ joint here in town. Closed yesterday. Can't get any meat.
I don't think there's an actual shortage, just a major disruption in the supply and distribution chain. But the result is the same regardless of the cause. Not enough available meat. Sure glad my freezers are packed full of fish and deer. May have to butcher a yearling here shortly. Better than giving them away anyway!

My best friend has 2 steers to butcher. Called the processer yesterday and the first available date to bring them in is in November. There are 4 processers in the general vicinity and one had an opening in Sept but they don't age the meat.

TCRanch said:
My best friend has 2 steers to butcher. Called the processer yesterday and the first available date to bring them in is in November. There are 4 processers in the general vicinity and one had an opening in Sept but they don't age the meat.

Looks like a lot of venison is going to lay waste this year...

1982vett said:
TCRanch said:

Looks like a lot of venison is going to lay waste this year...

Probably not so much around here. There are 3 processers that only do venison (and taxidermy).

We haven't had any shortages here in a good month or so, even on toilet paper. HEB is fully stocked. The do have a 5 meat limit and not sure what else has limits. No lines or any thing to wait in.

Places to butcher are about a month and a half out right now.

In San Antonio for the weekend and wanted to smoke a brisket....couldn't find one anywhere. Got some really good ribeyes at Coopers meat market though.

Fence... I make it to Academy about once a year. Last time we went I was gonna run in and buy a pistol, they didn't have the pistol but did have $400-500 worth of clothes the wife had to have. So I feel your pain

Academy is still strictly limiting people here. There are still big lines outside the store waiting to go it. Not surprising given their political view. Heard they dont have any ammo any ways. Been buying most my fishing gear at local shop. Not missing too much. Good for buying golf balls and odd and ends here and there.

Lucky said:
In San Antonio for the weekend and wanted to smoke a brisket....couldn't find one anywhere. Got some really good ribeyes at Coopers meat market though.

Have you ever been to the meat market in Marion?

Kingfisher said:
Lucky said:

No Sir. I'm guessing it's good?

Lucky said:
Kingfisher said:
Lucky said:

No Sir. I'm guessing it's good?

Yea it's worth a trip. The hardware store next door is like a time warp. I like Marion better than Granzins.

Latest posts