#$%#$# halters sizes

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
What is up with the halter manufacturers (Weaver, etc) and their sizing ideas? I bought another halter the other day designed for a yearling and it's too small for my larger weaners... it just nicely fits my 650 lb heifer... the cow halters fit from 10 to 15 months, a bull halter will fit my small cows... My big cows have modified percheron horse halters

Why don't they just do away with the designations and give a length! So here I am putting a cow halter on a weaner steer

OK, my cows aren't jerseys but still!

That is why I like the rope halters, one size fits all, unless you are leaving the halter on, the rope halters a great.
We try not to leave halters on since it always seems one find s a way to get stuck on something. We run the animals into a small pen and halter them at first, once they get used to it we can catch them in the field. (We use a showstick on them, once you start scratching they just stand)

I just learned that I have to get a halter 2 sizes bigger than I figure,... I've nearly got a couple of every size now anyhow

My halterbroke heifers come running up to me when I have the halter... when they're yearlings and have been stuck in corral for a couple months, they're happy to wear a halter and go explore and eat some fresh grass in the springtime... they seem to remember that

my cows have never gotten stuck on anything... they've pretty much rubbed off anything there was to get caught on

Well, speaking of halter sizes.. my 9 month old steer is wearing a "cow" halter comfortably at mid-range. I need to find a couple more

Latest posts