halter breaking videos & DVDs

Help Support CattleToday:

Braunviehboy

Reaction score
I bought some cows that had calves.I am new to halter breaking calves.
I need a step by step video or DvD if anyone had any help it would be greatly appreciated?

Honestly you dont need to spend what 20-60 dollars on a video. There are plenty of sites that are devoted to beginners. Steerplanet.com had a page about halter breaking with Red or something. Check that out. Also another idea is start touching them NOW! even if you dont have a halter get yours hands on them. Feeder them range cubes if you can get too close to them and let them get used to you. In the beginning you may only get to rub there backs, but soon you will be able to stand there are rub them all over.

Good luck with them and let us know how you do

ilfarmer92":3ap2yz2f said:
Honestly you dont need to spend what 20-60 dollars on a video. There are plenty of sites that are devoted to beginners. Steerplanet.com had a page about halter breaking with Red or something. Check that out. Also another idea is start touching them NOW! even if you dont have a halter get yours hands on them. Feeder them range cubes if you can get too close to them and let them get used to you. In the beginning you may only get to rub there backs, but soon you will be able to stand there are rub them all over.

Good luck with them and let us know how you do
I agree. Search Google and use the search feature on this forum. There's a multitude of information out there, you just have to find it.

Look up the Cattle Show on RFD. You can purchase DVD's & they have a good one from Nathan Haikey (sp). Runs around $25- it's a very simple method.

Latest posts