Halloween

Help Support CattleToday:

Jews don't recognize Jesus Christ.

Catholics don't recognize Mohammed.

Last, but not least, good Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store.

(Yes, I was raised Baptist.)

Christians ,Jews and catholics are almost the same. All are working toward the same God but having different opinions on how to get there.

Margonme":cjaai10c said:
Son of Butch":cjaai10c said:
Margonme":cjaai10c said:
Well....cough.  Catholicism is a Christian doctrine. 
I don't want to get the thread locked...but
I almost bust a gut laughing back in the 70's when Dinah Shore stated the 3 great religions of the world were
Christianity, Judaism and Catholicism.

There are 5 based on following:

Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Hinduism
Buddhism

What about this one Bahá'í Faith I knew one person that practiced this faith and was very devout.

Craig Miller":1kjxv4kl said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1kjxv4kl said:
Well three out of five are a crock.

I don't think that Jesus ever converted a single soul by using that as his opening line.

TT, needs to hear that. I will add, "Those who live in a glass house, should not throw stones".

But remember. TT, was never known to be real bright but he is the best friend a man could ever have.

hurleyjd":3j4t8vjv said:
Margonme":3j4t8vjv said:
Son of Butch":3j4t8vjv said:
I don't want to get the thread locked...but
I almost bust a gut laughing back in the 70's when Dinah Shore stated the 3 great religions of the world were
Christianity, Judaism and Catholicism.

There are 5 based on following:

Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Hinduism
Buddhism

What about this one Bahá'í Faith I knew one person that practiced this faith and was very devout.

I have known a couple myself. Very faithful folks.

Caustic Burno":28w580yk said:
greybeard":28w580yk said:
Haven't had a trick or treater in over 10 years, and I don't miss the noisy little miscreants one be nice bit.
Same here and we are in total agreement

I don't get them either but that doesn't stop my from buying a case of Twix bars just in case the little darlings show up at my door.

Margonme":1ktyj41q said:
Craig Miller":1ktyj41q said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ktyj41q said:
Well three out of five are a crock.

I don't think that Jesus ever converted a single soul by using that as his opening line.

TT, needs to hear that. I will add, "Those who live in a glass house, should not throw stones".

But remember. TT, was never known to be real bright but he is the best friend a man could ever have.

Not sure I've ever seen an all glass house.

Back to halloween... I have no problem with the dress up and such. It's fun for some people. It is a highly commercialized holiday that you're expected to spend $20 per kid for costumes and buy $40 worth of candy to give away. Not my idea of fun. My wife made the kids costumes. I don't know how much was spent. We never have any trick or treaters. But if we did I'd probably give them my kids candy. They got a ton of it at the harvest festival Saturday night at church.

Bigfoot, Independence Day and Veterans Day are "true meaning" holidays as well. But it seems most people are just looking for a sale on something. Would you support a business that closed in reverence to the occasion? I would.

greybeard":36zhv2b3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":36zhv2b3 said:
Margonme":36zhv2b3 said:

Not sure I've ever seen an all glass house.
That's because of all the stone throwers.

So as I thought, they don't exist.

TennesseeTuxedo":2yslaj5m said:
greybeard":2yslaj5m said:
That's because of all the stone throwers.

So as I thought, they don't exist.

The only person who might fare well in a glass house is the current Dalai Lama. But since you think the Buddhist faith is a crock, I guess he has more adversaries than I would have thought.

Daddie. :D

BTW: you grumpy, sour, old Dad.
When it comes to compassion, peace, love, tranquility - none of the other major faiths hold a candle to Buddhism and Hinduism.

TennesseeTuxedo":1cm5xot7 said:
When did I specifically say that?

I listed the 5 great religions of the world:

Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Hinduism
Buddhism

You replied all but 2 are crocks. I replied, I assume you mean the last three.

TT stated "Well three out of five are a crock." You do realize are is plural? If you just meant Islam you should have used "is".

Latest posts