Halloween, and costumes, and such . . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I have a niece in her 30s, who is just as big a fan of Halloween today as when she was 8. So, she posted on her FB page today, wondering what her friends were going "to be" for Halloween. I thought about that for a few minutes, and replied that I was going to dress up as a wife/daughter/mother/grandma/secretary/cattle keeper/worrier/BSU fan with a carry permit. Now, I have to figure out just what that outfit is! :?

And you?

Kathie in Thorp":1gjkixic said:
I have a niece in her 30s, who is just as big a fan of Halloween today as when she was 8. So, she posted on her FB page today, wondering what her friends were going "to be" for Halloween. I thought about that for a few minutes, and replied that I was going to dress up as a wife/daughter/mother/grandma/secretary/cattle keeper/worrier/BSU fan with a carry permit. Now, I have to figure out just what that outfit is! :?

And you?

Party Hardy has kind of slipped out of my vocabulary over the years, so I'll be portraying "guy in lounge chair". Pretty fearsom if you add a chainsaw.

I'll be Ms. Road Rage, because the trick or treating will have started before I get home from work. The last stretch of town I have to go thru, maybe 3 blocks long, will be blocked from both ways with the moms that are too lazy to get out of their minivans. They inch up the road at the speed their kids go from house to house. One of these years, I'm gonna smack one of the lazy inconsiderate witches (with a b). Hope this ain't the year.

We haven't dressed up in a while. Last time though, I took the sewing machine and made a habit for my darling and she went as a pregnant nun and I as a priest. This was sortof a current event at the time so it made it all the more funny.

Here in Austin it seems to be Really Big Business for a month or so! Lot's of cars in the parking lot of a bankrupt furniture store turned into a trick or treat. I suppose it will morph into a XMas store soon. Happy Holidays :santa:

A few years ago everyone hounded me about dressing up for a party that I didn't really want to go to so I finally just put on my wife's dress and went in drag and didn't even TRY to act feminine about it. :D I clomped around in cowboy boots/hat and a dress all night with a dip in my lip and two days growth plus mustache. I won a two hundred dollar prize for best costume and there were some people who put real effort into it.
Last year we had a vet that showed up for herd check in blaze orange coveralls, his head shaved, with fake tatoos all down his off-arm and his neck, and a pair of handcuffs dangling from his off-arm. He checked a couple hundred cows that way.

I wish we had more trick or treaters coming to the country each Halloween . That is one thing I kinda miss about living in the city. :?

Time to stir the pot again.

And What if I Don't Want to Dress Up Like a Banana?
Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 45864.html

But imaginary role playing—in public, no less—can have very real consequences for our most significant relationships. Don't believe me? Then your significant other has never suggested that you both dress up as M&Ms. Or tried to attend a party dressed as a Playboy Bunny. Or refused to dress up at all.
Sometimes, Halloween's horrors sneak up on you. Ellyn Oaksmith, of Kirkland, Wash., once dressed up as a punk rocker, with ripped shirt, tights, scruffy Doc Martens and spiked purple hair, to attend a costume party with her boyfriend. He showed up in white painter's coveralls and cap—and proceeded to flirt with all the sexy nurses and witches at the party. "We broke up shortly after," says the 48-year-old writer.
Years ago, my mother rented a Scarlett O'Hara costume for herself, hoop skirt and all, then cajoled my father into dressing up as—what else?—Humpty Dumpty. "I just didn't see him as Rhett," she says. That was the last time he dressed up for Halloween.
What's this all about? It's simple, really. Men and women have different alter egos. Typically, men want to look strong or tough or, failing that, play the class clown. (Some just find Halloween dress-up silly, of course.) Women want to be attractive. And then there is this: Most women love to tell their men what to wear.

Sir Loin":3cq8oiry said:
Time to stir the pot again.

And What if I Don't Want to Dress Up Like a Banana?
Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 45864.html

But imaginary role playing—in public, no less—can have very real consequences for our most significant relationships. Don't believe me? Then your significant other has never suggested that you both dress up as M&Ms. Or tried to attend a party dressed as a Playboy Bunny. Or refused to dress up at all.
Sometimes, Halloween's horrors sneak up on you. Ellyn Oaksmith, of Kirkland, Wash., once dressed up as a punk rocker, with ripped shirt, tights, scruffy Doc Martens and spiked purple hair, to attend a costume party with her boyfriend. He showed up in white painter's coveralls and cap—and proceeded to flirt with all the sexy nurses and witches at the party. "We broke up shortly after," says the 48-year-old writer.
Years ago, my mother rented a Scarlett O'Hara costume for herself, hoop skirt and all, then cajoled my father into dressing up as—what else?—Humpty Dumpty. "I just didn't see him as Rhett," she says. That was the last time he dressed up for Halloween.
What's this all about? It's simple, really. Men and women have different alter egos. Typically, men want to look strong or tough or, failing that, play the class clown. (Some just find Halloween dress-up silly, of course.) Women want to be attractive. And then there is this: Most women love to tell their men what to wear.

My former next-door neighbor loved Halloween, and she planned the annual party months in advance. My son-in-law had a fabulous costume, that he loaned to my ex for one of those parties: http://www.buycostumes.com/Tassle-Twirling-Tessie-Adult-Costume/4938/ProductDetail.aspx David (with mustache and beard) wore a long red wig, black fishnet stockings, red low-heeled pumps, and added nipple piercings (hoops) to the costume. He was stunning, and a huge hit with a couple of would-be transgenders that attended!

Jogeephus":nlkgpqmc said:
:lol2: :lol2: He had to be a brave soul to where that. :lol2: (or a drunk one)

He was only occasionally fearless! He went to the party pretty much sober, but it took lots of liquid lube to pull that one off through the evening. But, PRICELESS! If I ever get the photobucket thing figured out, I'll come back to this and post a pic. That year (2004, I think), I was the Playboy Bunny, accompanied by Tassel Twirling Tessie. I forgot that we also added belly-button piercings . . . There are pics.

Latest posts