Half Interest Bucking Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

tcole

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I'm lookin for any and every piece of advice regarding going in half interest on some yearlings.
I have never bought before, but I want to get involved! I have a lot of livestock knowledge, and planned on buying from a well known ranch that produces high quality bucking bulls with lots of big pay offs.
Please feel free to leave me any advice, or experiences y'all have!

Thanks in advance!

99% of all bucking bulls born make better coyote bait than a bucking bull.

Where are you wanting to take them? Local rodeos and bull ridings or ABBI deals and the like. What bloodlines are you looking at? Do you have access to an arena with chutes to chute break em and get em used to everything? Have access to a dummy?

Are you going into this with a partner? Or buying half from the guy who raised them? Do you get possession or do you have someone else make them famous while you pay half? Just wondering

littletom":qfex8cfx said:
Are you going into this with a partner? Or buying half from the guy who raised them? Do you get possession or do you have someone else make them famous while you pay half? Just wondering

Yup

There is money to be made in bucking stock but you have to basically roll the dice on stock even bull calves from top quality stock turn out to be duds more than not. You really need connections, like I mentioned before, access to an arena, a dummy, events to go to if you do end up with something with potential. You also really need to know the ins and outs of rough stock. I would argue that its nothing like emu ranching for somebody that knows what their doing and has been around a little but for someone who never rode bulls or grew up around rodeo or at least has connections in the rough stock world yes there I can see it being like emu ranching.

I don't think it matters how much you know about rodeo bulls or rodeos, the end results are WAY more of them end up at a packing plant than make it to be a big money bucking bull. Most of them just make a high dollar hamburger.

OleScout":646d5r3r said:
I see the bucking bull thing as being similar to Emu ranching.
As long as you have rodeos adn the PBR there will be a demand for bucking bulls. Only thing, about one out of hundred thousand make it to that level. The rest end up slaughtered or used in small time rodeos.

BRYANT":2ufj2399 said:
I don't think it matters how much you know about rodeo bulls or rodeos, the end results are WAY more of them end up at a packing plant than make it to be a big money bucking bull. Most of them just make a high dollar hamburger.

My point was when you dont know what a good bucker looks like early on you end up wasting a lot of money on something thats headed to the grinder. And if you dont know a flank rope from a bull rope and a bucking chute from a loading chute, have no knowledge or nobody to help you chute break and the such, no arena, no know how when it comes to getting your bulls in somewhere or entering in some yearling, futurity, derby, and classic deals, well then your not going to be very successful with you high price hamburger.

j_20":31ky1446 said:
BRYANT":31ky1446 said:

My point was when you dont know what a good bucker looks like early on you end up wasting a lot of money on something thats headed to the grinder. And if you dont know a flank rope from a bull rope and a bucking chute from a loading chute, have no knowledge or nobody to help you chute break and the such, no arena, no know how when it comes to getting your bulls in somewhere or entering in some yearling, futurity, derby, and classic deals, well then your not going to be very successful with you high price hamburger.
lots of truth to what you are saying but I figure someone is just wanting him to put up some money and he will never have the bull ???? but we will probably never know , someone ask and he didn't respond. This post is probably another one of them new guy one and done post. If he is just a money investor he does not need a lot of knowledge

Latest posts