Half and 3/4 Top Cattle Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

A good place to see what's available and how it's priced is horsetrailerworld.com
You can search by area, and even for a particular brand.

I've often thought that type of trailer would be handy for hauling a utv. They're also good for moving big stock tanks or round bale feeders that wouldn't fit in a covered trailer.

RanchMan90":265cbc2r said:
Idk how someone could justify buying one of those if not a commercial hauler. Could pay for hauling for many years for that price.

Every body does things different. I could find groundload trailers and pots here to haul cattle with out a problem, but finding some body besides a neighbor to haul a gooseneck load would be about impossible.

The Big Bends are made in Mexico and are shipped to the border and then usually to Alpine TX so you will have some freight expense. I have met the man the runs the operations in Alpine and he helped design the trailers for his use. They are rugged trailers for rugged use. I pull some loads across pastures and my old trailer would always drag on something. The Big Bends have a roller on the back to help with this and prevents you from tearing something up.
I use a Honda Rancher for my horse and its not unusual to have it in the trailer mixed in with a load of calves.
They have a lot of neat features like cut gates that work easily from the outside. The gooseneck hookup can be done without having to get into the bed of the truck. The back gates slam shut. (I hate saloon doors where you have to lift the rod to shut them.) An escape door. Interior LED lighting. A dog or calf area in the neck. The floor runners go across the trailer not lengthwise and are square tube. Mine has a lifetime cleated floor and 14 ply tires and two interior cut gates. Once I added what I wanted to the basic Gooseneck brand or Neckover, the price was very close.

Allenw":2ghtiu39 said:
RanchMan90":2ghtiu39 said:
Idk how someone could justify buying one of those if not a commercial hauler. Could pay for hauling for many years for that price.

Every body does things different. I could find groundload trailers and pots here to haul cattle with out a problem, but finding some body besides a neighbor to haul a gooseneck load would be about impossible.

Exactly. Most of the guys I know that do haul with goosenecks won't move for less than $200 a load. That's not bad for hauling a full load 30 miles to the sale barn, but it would get awfully expensive in a hurry if it cost that every time you needed to move a bull to or from pasture, or run one or a few to the vet. I know everybody's different, but there's just no way I'm not going to own a stock trailer as long as I own cattle.