• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hairloss

A

Anonymous

My yearlings have bald spots on their necks and shoulders. It seems like the hair is being rubbed off. Should I be worried? What is causing this? Or is it normal?

dun

Reaction score
Are you feeding hay in a hay feeder that they can get their heads between bars? This time of year the two most common causes are rubbing on a feeder or lice.

dun

Alina":x612r3uz said:
My yearlings have bald spots on their necks and shoulders. It seems like the hair is being rubbed off. Should I be worried? What is causing this? Or is it normal?

MR3

Reaction score
dun":xfbv62eo said:
Are you feeding hay in a hay feeder that they can get their heads between bars? This time of year the two most common causes are rubbing on a feeder or lice.

dun

Alina":xfbv62eo said:

For lice, I've been using Permectrin and water. 8oz will do 5 gallons. I use a weed sprayer and keep the spray away from the face and udder. This seems to nock the lice back intill spring worming.

Rod

A

Anonymous

So how do you know if it is lice or they are just rubbing against trees, etc.?

Latest posts