Hair

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
A friend of mine just got a new steer. I have not seen the steer. However, he says that the steer has curly hair. Not good, apparently. Are there any products or supplements that are good for straightening the hair, or relaxing it so that it can be straightened? Thanks for the help.

Ryan

The best thing to do is to slick shear him with the flat head starting at the center of his back and going straight down. Don't go below his stifle. As hair begins to grow back, wear out a couple of rice root brushes and a few gallons of Kleen Sheen. It works!

AAOK":2ypnhqo3 said:
The best thing to do is to slick shear him with the flat head starting at the center of his back and going straight down. Don't go below his stifle. As hair begins to grow back, wear out a couple of rice root brushes and a few gallons of Kleen Sheen. It works!

I agree but I'd use the goat heads. The flats will get REALLY close.
Elbow grease and time is the best remedy.

Curly hair as long as you know how to work it is OK. But if he wants to straighten it- wash , squegee down then comb forward then spray in a mix of 1/3 to 1/2 downy the rest water and blow it in then blow forward. If you can set up a butt fan. Then continue misting with straight water and wash every couple of days repeat the proceedure until you get the desired effect. More combing and brushing speeds all this up.
As for why you would want straight hair, when popped it is easier to clip and fit.

Latest posts