Hailed Out

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Everything except the onions and potatos are nothing more then mush right now.
Beans, corn, peas, spinach, tomatos, bell peppers, and ruhbarb are all gone. *sigh* Bleep.

Ok what can I start over this late in the season?

hailstorm2009139.jpg

corn and peas

hailstorm2009146.jpg

spinach

hailstorm2009144.jpg

tomato plant

hailstorm2009122.jpg

pasture behind the house

Oh, that is just sad. Sorry for your bad luck. That was a lot of work down the drain.

Your tomato plants might recover enough to still produce. If not, I would guess it is too late to start over in Montana for bell peppers and tomatoes. What is your first frost date?

The seed packet should state how many days the crop takes. Only replant what you have enough days left between now and frost to mature would be my suggestion.

Got a hold of the local greenhouse owner and he has a bunch of tomatos, cucumbers, squash and other plants he's willing to sell me at a discount. Going in tomorrow to pick some up.

MO the corns out, just too late in the season. I might be able to grow some green beans, going to check though. Got some more seeds for spinach. I had just harvested half that row the night before this hit. The part that was harvested might come out of it, but will wait and see.
Frost time varies. End of September first of October roughly.

Knocked all the apples off of my trees. Along with the plums and chokecherries. Tore over 50% of the leaves off of the trees.

Might have 1 tomato plant that might recover. Only reason why, is because part of my son's rabbit hutch landed on it and protected it from the hail. The rabbit was luckily not in it at the time.

Went in today to pick up some of the plants at the green house. Got 8 tomato, cleaned him out of his cucumbers 9 plants, 3 butternut squash and 1 watermelon.
Now I need to think of something nice to do for the owner. He didn't charge me a dime for the plants. I about fell over. I may make him some banana bread and take him some home made pickles too. :D

Now after these next storms pass, starting over.