Had the truck on the dyno

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Finally put the truck on the dyno to see what it really put down...

Very interesting results.. I was hoping for somewhat higher peak power, but I'd have never guessed to have so much power down low and such a flat power curve.

20161202_155902sm.jpg

I'm thinking I have fuel delivery problems.. Lift pump can probably only supply 437hp worth of fuel, I should have been able to keep the torque more level which would have resulted in higher power numbers as RPM went up.. Something for me to work on :)

Nesikep":27osmqjh said:

Very interesting results.. I was hoping for somewhat higher peak power, but I'd have never guessed to have so much power down low and such a flat power curve.

20161202_155902sm.jpg

I'm thinking I have fuel delivery problems.. Lift pump can probably only supply 437hp worth of fuel, I should have been able to keep the torque more level which would have resulted in higher power numbers as RPM went up.. Something for me to work on :)
Pretty good for a 160 pump. What sticks and turbo?

Nesikep":wax0j9zs said:

20161202_155902sm.jpg

You keep putting it on that tail twister and you won't have to look too hard to find where to start

I'd like to hotrod my old truck, but I don't have the mechanical skills, the money, or the time. :lol2:

RanchMan90":30qqtpb4 said:
Pretty good for a 160 pump. What sticks and turbo?
5x012" 155* injectors (100hp), 052 delivery valves, HE351VGT turbo... I just backed the timing back down from 20* to 14*.. it's sooo much tamer now.

Meanwhile that pressure sensor I installed for the fuel pressure failed on my way into town and was pizzing diesel out of the connector.. GRRRR.. I removed it and put a plug in it.. I'll put another sensor in at some point.

Talltimber.. It's the first time it's been on the dyno.. I needed a baseline to go from! It's pretty hairy on slick roads.. 2wd will go sideways on you before the turbo even lights up.. 4wd in snow it'll break all 4 loose in top gear and 70mph... I don't have the cojones to do that on these roads though

That's very impressive.

How many miles does the motor have on it? Has it been apart? Do you have to use head studs?

After reading all the horror stories about the in-tank pumps failing on the 6.7's, I put a FASS pump/filter setup on my truck. Can't say as I saw a power increase but I think it's a lot more robust than the factory junk and the filters are much more serviceable.

cfpinz":18ux7qjj said:
That's very impressive.

How many miles does the motor have on it? Has it been apart? Do you have to use head studs?

After reading all the horror stories about the in-tank pumps failing on the 6.7's, I put a FASS pump/filter setup on my truck. Can't say as I saw a power increase but I think it's a lot more robust than the factory junk and the filters are much more serviceable.
So is a dyno your next toy? With your track record for old stuff it would probably be a dino

dun":1h8c6b1x said:
So is a dyno your next toy? With your track record for old stuff it would probably be a dino

If I had questions about dino's, I'm sure you could provide all the first-hand knowledge I needed.

Latest posts