had people come back to my place last night.. they were 'lost'

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat":6ic5d7wj said:
Sometimes you have to play their game. Give them some information they may pass on to their associates.

"Funny you came back here. Some fellow did that a while back and came up missing soon afterwards. The sheriff has been back here a couple of times looking, but he ain't found anything. They always want to check out that old well I have back there. He knows I'm crazy enough to do something...."

Just a story to get them to go another direction.
This word has to get out a crazy man lives back there. We used to have problems with trespassers hunting on one particular farm. Then word got out a crazy guy owns it. No need to be nice or worry with feelings its your dirt.

Kell-inKY":22ti1mw2 said:
Alan":22ti1mw2 said:
a gate with a remote control went up at the end of our drive. We have 5 house in the two mile stretch of gravel road, now a few years later all but one has gates up.
After researching the horrible reviews these openers had, I gave up on it for a time, but I'm back to needing to put one up. Same deal as you guys, 1/4 mile driveway with house hidden from the road. I'm fed up with this crap.

I do have neighbors coming by every once in awhile asking about their dog etc. (actual neighbors, not the yahoos who are scoping me out) so I think I will have to post a sign with my phone number or something so I can come meet them, haven't figured that one out yet?

We have had it for at least nine years, power source is a 12 volt deep cell battery with a 110 power source keeping it charged, so it's good for days in a power outage. The only problems I have ever had was mice chewing wires in the battery/charger box and blown fuses if the gate gets blocked by snow or whatever. It's a great comfort to know my wife can sit in her Tahoe and use a remote to open and shut the entry...... and no more meth heads so far.

with things like this no wonder every landowner is a big d!ckhead. haha

then i have some neighbors who think just because my they can't see any houses they are free run to ATV and cut trees, etc on my property. Some idiot asked me the other day to sell some land to him.. I asked him if he was the one to ran down the fence and rode a ATV all up and down 2 fields 1 hour after a 2" rain storm where I had all brand new seed coming up.

He thought that was REALLY funny.. he got a big laugh out of it. He's lucky he was 55 or so years old or he would of got knocked out. I don't think I've ever been so mad in my life.

He didn't think it was very funny when I told him I was goign to bulldoze down that little hunting spot he likes. :lol2:

In addition to the gate, I would consider a large breed guard dog or two. As far back as you are, they shouldn't be a problem for the neighbors. They won't stop bullets, but they will stop most people. I had a Chow/Blue Heeler mix that never roamed, and never barked unless someone stopped on the road within eyeshot. He kept them away.

Heck, I have a 15 pound female rat terrier mix that keeps people in their vehicles, if she was 40 pounds nothing in the country could whip her!

We have a long lane up to the house & farm, four anti social Australian shepherds let us know who is coming and people don't get out of the vehicle.

You are not coming on my place without getting you picture taken multiple times. Now this doesn't stop anything just makes the sheriff job easier on who to pick up

Clodhopper":3cw8uxar said:
In addition to the gate, I would consider a large breed guard dog or two. As far back as you are, they shouldn't be a problem for the neighbors. They won't stop bullets, but they will stop most people. I had a Chow/Blue Heeler mix that never roamed, and never barked unless someone stopped on the road within eyeshot. He kept them away.

Heck, I have a 15 pound female rat terrier mix that keeps people in their vehicles, if she was 40 pounds nothing in the country could whip her!
i moved to this new place and my 3 guard dogs all chased a deer and got lost a week after we moved. I looked everywhere for them for a month and couldn't find anyone that even seen them! I had one dog for 10 years, one for 8 years and the other for 4 years. The 4 yr old one was a exctremely mean dog.

Now I bought this mastiff mix and he's pretty good but doesn't bark at vehicles. only if someone is on foot. hopefully with age he will change.

might pick up another meramma if i can get one at a good deal (what that 4 year old one was)

Anyone coming to my house unexpected is usually a stranger and at the "wrong house". We dont like strangers at our place. Too many things to steal, trailers cattle, atv etc.... I let them know real quick and pretty sternly they are in the wrong place. Have alarms on all the houses and gates are locked anytime gone. Heck I need to shut them when home but to much work as much as we come and go. We get cars just parking on the road sometimes. The sherriff dept. is more then happy to come check them out when I call. Either poachers, lovers or crack heads.

Latest posts