Had a Kobe/Wagyu Burger today

Help Support CattleToday:

BrandName1

Reaction score
I decided I would try one of these burgers today @ a place near home. Was wondering if anyone else has had it and what they thought of it.

1st off it was $4 extra than a normal burger w/ the fixin's so around $12.99 to $14.99. I got the 'cheapest' cause thats a lot for a burger in my mind.
2nd the Tenderness was all there, it was cooked MW and still pretty juicey. I would really love a steak before I stand up and say I love Kobe Beef. All in all the price was worth the experience of trying it and the meat did make an impression on me. Would have it again if the wallet was fat enough.

Take care

That would have to have been the best dang hamburger I ever had. I can't see myself paying 12.99 for no hamburger.

When I fork out that much cash, I'd better see a t-bone and all the fixins on my plate. ;-)

Last spring I had the opportunity to sample Kobe steak (both skirtsteak and filet) at Craftsteak restaurant in the MGM Grand Las Vegas.

They brought the Kobe filet out along with their traditional Black Angus filet and we got to try them without knowing which was the Kobe and which was the Angus.

I could easily tell which one was which. And I much preferred the taste of the Angus beef (yes, this from a Hereford breeder!) to the Japanese Kobe beef. The Kobe beef was very tender but it had a "fat" taste to excess, for my palate. My wife and the two other ladies that we were dining with agreed with my assessment as well.

I'm glad I wasn't paying for the experience. I noticed on the menu that the Kobe filet was priced at $120.

George

Latest posts