Had a flash back

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Had a flash back to my younger days when I ate some of these. I really loved my mothers pickles. She only made them one year.

DSCN2163.jpg

Put up 6 1 pound tins of yellow squash casserole as well. Going to do it all again this week end using zucchini. I have enough pickles to go another round.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Nice job packing the jars. It looks like you got them all even. My grandmother used to make a sweet pickle that was nearly blue when it was done. They were delicious. I wish I had her recipe.

Have you ever put in horseradish in the mix? I saw an old recipe that had this in it. It didn't take much. Thought I might try that next round to add a little zing to them.

OP
Wewild

Wewild

Reaction score
This was my 2nd time. First time a while back was a bust. I want to try something to heat some up. I'll give the horseradish a shot.

Thanks.

grannysoo

Reaction score
Jogeephus":29zdy6wh said:
My grandmother used to make a sweet pickle that was nearly blue when it was done. They were delicious. I wish I had her recipe.

Don't we all just wish we had grandmother and grandfather back again period? Mine were good people.

OP
Wewild

Wewild

Reaction score
I don't have any habanero growing. I think I'll try a jalapeno on some.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I luv herfrds":3850lga1 said:
Try a habanero pepper in them. I got a recipe from a friend and it makes some hot dill pickles. :D

We pickled some okra and the recipe called for a jalepeno. Can't say if these are any good or not cause we got to let them sit a month. :shock: (I wan't them and I want them NOW! ;-) )

Latest posts