H.R. 5087

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
This is the the fly in the ointment! DEFINITIONS!!!

By the definition in this proposed bill, it extends far beyond "black" firearms. It will never pass this Congress, so relax but it highlights the issue of "defining" assault weapons.

https://youtu.be/OTA0O5ymUS0

The NRA knows exactly what the gun grabbers want. If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. And the same ones that want our guns don't want the death penalty for criminals. Why isn't a politician countering with a bill that states, "if your convicted of a felony while in possession of a gun you automatically receive the death penalty". Criminals that use guns won't even need a sentencing trial then, just take them in the back room and either shoot them or give them a lethal injection. That would fix a lot problems in the courts and jail system.

TennesseeTuxedo":3fq44qfi said:
True Grit Farms":3fq44qfi said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3fq44qfi said:
Doesn't go far enough to protect our kids.

As much as you want to you can't protect someone 24-7. Heck you can't protect them if your at Kroger.

I'd feel better knowing all guns are off the streets. I'm hoping for a buyback,program.

No. TT. There is only one solution. We need State of The Art Security in our schools.

Bright Raven":3vzr9kxn said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3vzr9kxn said:
True Grit Farms":3vzr9kxn said:
As much as you want to you can't protect someone 24-7. Heck you can't protect them if your at Kroger.

I'd feel better knowing all guns are off the streets. I'm hoping for a buyback,program.

No. TT. There is only one solution. We need State of The Art Security in our schools.

Too expensive.

TennesseeTuxedo":1vy8s3er said:
Bright Raven":1vy8s3er said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1vy8s3er said:

Too expensive.

Protecting our precious children? At a time when we waste trillions on stupid wars? Give me a break.

TennesseeTuxedo":3e46zffk said:
True Grit Farms":3e46zffk said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3e46zffk said:
Doesn't go far enough to protect our kids.

I hope you are joking.

JSCATTLE":1u4gqem5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1u4gqem5 said:
True Grit Farms":1u4gqem5 said:

I hope you are joking.

Well I'd like to recoup at least some of my money vs. a straight out confiscation.

Bright Raven":26ttnwfb said:
TennesseeTuxedo":26ttnwfb said:
Bright Raven":26ttnwfb said:

Too expensive.

Protecting our precious children? At a time when we waste trillions on stupid wars? Give me a break.

War is big business, nothing wrong with business.

TennesseeTuxedo":2c6y26k2 said:
Bright Raven":2c6y26k2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2c6y26k2 said:
Too expensive.

Everyone wants a fruitful economy. The greatest myth in human history is that war is good for the economy. In the USA, the cost of a war never stops as long as there are veterans claiming benefits.

We need State of the Art school security. Metal detectors, security guards, etc. Arming teachers is a formula for disaster. No one should be able to get into a school with anything more dangerous than a pencil.

TennesseeTuxedo":2hul1r4p said:
JSCATTLE":2hul1r4p said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2hul1r4p said:
I hope you are joking.

Well I'd like to recoup at least some of my money vs. a straight out confiscation.
I won't be around to spend any money if the start confiscating guns .

Bright Raven":2lje03wg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2lje03wg said:
Bright Raven":2lje03wg said:

Everyone wants a fruitful economy. The greatest myth in human history is that war is good for the economy. In the USA, the cost of a war never stops as long as there are veterans claiming benefits.

We need State of the Art school security. Metal detectors, security guards, etc. Arming teachers is a formula for disaster. No one should be able to get into a school with anything more dangerous than a pencil.

Why the did Eisenhower warn against the military-industrial complex then?

JSCATTLE":3nupcw2o said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3nupcw2o said:
JSCATTLE":3nupcw2o said:
I hope you are joking.

I won't be around to spend any money if the start confiscating guns .

You'll be missed. Can I have your tractor?

TennesseeTuxedo":377p5wn6 said:
Bright Raven":377p5wn6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":377p5wn6 said:

Not familiar with that. It is simple. What provides more return on investment? A battleship or an Interstate Highway?

Bright Raven":20qgmfhu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":20qgmfhu said:
Bright Raven":20qgmfhu said:

Not familiar with that. It is simple. What provides more return on investment? A battleship or an Interstate Highway?

Read up: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ike.htm

TennesseeTuxedo":2yio4kuj said:
Bright Raven":2yio4kuj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2yio4kuj said:

Larry, not what you prepared me to expect. No where in there did he compare a military investment to a domestic investment. He did support a military industrial base as a means of preparedness. Here is what I thought the most meaningful:

Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose. Because this need is so sharp and apparent I confess that I lay down my official responsibilities in this field with a definite sense of disappointment. As one who has witnessed the horror and the lingering sadness of war – as one who knows that another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years – I wish I could say tonight that a lasting peace is in sight.

Bright Raven":ibnq8w8y said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ibnq8w8y said:
Bright Raven":ibnq8w8y said:

Larry, not what you prepared me to expect. No where in there did he compare a military investment to a domestic investment. He did support a military industrial base as a means of preparedness. Here is what I thought the most meaningful:

Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose. Because this need is so sharp and apparent I confess that I lay down my official responsibilities in this field with a definite sense of disappointment. As one who has witnessed the horror and the lingering sadness of war – as one who knows that another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years – I wish I could say tonight that a lasting peace is in sight.

Well of course not Ron, Ike didn't hold irrational fears of our government disarming the citizenry. He had faith in the judicial system and the rule of law. He was worried that the arms race might lead to mutual assured destruction.

TennesseeTuxedo":2lgph5rg said:
Bright Raven":2lgph5rg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2lgph5rg said:

Well of course not Ron, Ike didn't hold irrational fears of our government disarming the citizenry. He had faith in the judicial system and the rule of law. He was worried that the arms race might lead to mutual assured destruction.

Agree. And I was surprised at those fears. I grew up right on the heels of his Presidency. Dad hated him for some reason.

Latest posts