guns

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":1wug9qo0 said:
Are they still going to market them under Winchester Name? Or will they carry the Browning name?

If the group that's trying to buy the rights to them they'll be winchesters. Kind up like the U.S. Repeating Arms deal is now. It's almost gotten to be a soap opera with changes every day or 2 in what's happening and/or not happening.

Triple D":3ss6mhpo said:
Speaking of guns. Anybody know who may manufacture a 22 mag auto loader? I havn't looked hard, but havn't noticed any at the normal places. Something kinda durable like with a composite stock and mate finish. Something you can just kinda through on the truck dash or in the tractor. I'd like to have one.

Triple D, Try the Remington 597 heavy barrel in .22 mag. I bought one with a laminate stock, topped it with a 3x9 Nikon scope. It is a real shooter for an auto-loader. I did buy the aftermarket steel magazine for an additional 10 bucks. I am not fond of the plastic magazine that came stock.

HOSS":17e6wocm said:
Triple D":17e6wocm said:
Speaking of guns. Anybody know who may manufacture a 22 mag auto loader? I havn't looked hard, but havn't noticed any at the normal places. Something kinda durable like with a composite stock and mate finish. Something you can just kinda through on the truck dash or in the tractor. I'd like to have one.

Triple D, Try the Remington 597 heavy barrel in .22 mag. I bought one with a laminate stock, topped it with a 3x9 Nikon scope. It is a real shooter for an auto-loader. I did buy the aftermarket steel magazine for an additional 10 bucks. I am not fond of the plastic magazine that came stock.

What about the Ruger 10/22 Mag rifle. Never shot one but if anything like the non mag version I would think it would be winner.

aplusmnt":1wicxd4w said:
HOSS":1wicxd4w said:
Triple D":1wicxd4w said:

What about the Ruger 10/22 Mag rifle. Never shot one but if anything like the non mag version I would think it would be winner.

I have shot the Ruger .22 mag that belongs to my brother-in-law. I used it on coyotes and jack rabbits and it worked fine. It was customized with a Butler Creek heavy barrel, stock and adjustable trigger. I have never been big on Rugers. Not because of quality but they just do not fit me as well as Remingtons. When I shop for firearms I look at Remington first. I am a big Remington fan.

aplusmnt":3cad7cxd said:
HOSS":3cad7cxd said:
Triple D":3cad7cxd said:

Ruger quit making them. They quit making the 77/44 rifle I've got also. Ruger seems to have really pared back on their model selection.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/

Latest posts