Guns on Campus.........YES!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill":ywx2pr4c said:
I think this has been a very realistic and appropos thread!

An unarmed citizen is a target.

If I'm not mistaken, Arizona "requires" carriers to "Carry Open" in a holster. I wish Texas would do the same. IMO only a fool would think of trying to hold up someone if it was OBVIOUS they were packing! Of course, the fools never learn, do they?
JMO

I would guess a gun show has an extreme amount of cash at the show, yet for some reason I've never heard of anyone trying to rob one.

Walt

Running Arrow Bill":1fhuv8px said:
I think this has been a very realistic and appropos thread!

As any USA national statistics report (DPS, FBI, NRA, etc.), those countries, states, etc., that allow a honest citizen to bear arms (and/or carry concealed) have PROVEN that when people are ARMED there is less CRIME!

The outlaws will always have weapons: black market, theft, break and enters, etc.

An unarmed citizen is a target.

I've had a CHL for several years and practice regularly to improve my skills. I hope I NEVER have to defend myself! But...I want to be prepared.

The State of Texas passed the "Castle Doctrine" which expanded its citizens right to defend their person, family, and property, to reduce or eliminate recourse from the attacker in Courts of Law.

If I'm not mistaken, Arizona "requires" carriers to "Carry Open" in a holster. I wish Texas would do the same. IMO only a fool would think of trying to hold up someone if it was OBVIOUS they were packing! Of course, the fools never learn, do they?

Those cities, states, districts that prohibit law-abiding citizens from owning, carrying, and/or defending themselves just don't get it! I would NOT live in those areas...regardless of the job, etc., opportunities.

JMO

RAB, carrying a weapon openly is better than none at all but ultimatley carrying concealed gives you a much better chance of survival (winning) in the event that using your handgun is needed. If your weapon is in view you lose the element of surprise which usually dictates who wins in an armed confrontation. If your weapon is visible and the bad guy's is not......guess who gets the drop on who??? Most self defense instructers advocate the concealed carry because if a bad guy gets the drop on you then he is LESS likely to pull the trigger immediatley if he thinks that you are unarmed. If he sees an exposed gun he will shoot first and then take your wallet as opposed to asking you to hand the wallet over.

guess who gets the drop on who??? Most self defense instructers advocate the concealed carry because if a bad guy gets the drop on you then he is LESS likely to pull the trigger immediatley if he thinks that you are unarmed. If he sees an exposed gun he will shoot first and then take your wallet as opposed to asking you to hand the wallet over.[/quote]

yea you hope. does this really happen.

Latest posts