Gun Wisdom

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":puioaept said:
Oh shyt. Dont let geephus catch wind of that name alan.
And i lost all my guns years ago to a theif. Dont know where they went

Well, Hook, 'ya dummy, your guns went to some bad a$$ that's out using them to rob, rape and otherwise terrorize Christian white folks! Geez, you're getting slow . . . . :bang:

Alan":1miaco8h said:
popc1lp4.gif

What would Frankie do?

How long to a lock down? :D

Feels close!

I can't think of a better use for lead than for criminals. I'm not talking about the creep that steals hubcaps. We had fewer criminals when "they" were more worried about the homeowner or business owner than the cops. When more legal guns are in the hands of responsible citizens than in the hands of criminals and cops, society benefits. In this day and age, no court is on our side when it comes to crime. We are just a vehicle that allows all those people in law enforcement, prosecutors and the court system to collect a paycheck and then they'll release the criminal because of overcrowding. Overcrowded by dope smokers.

gimpyrancher":1pvp8jg7 said:
I can't think of a better use for lead than for criminals. I'm not talking about the creep that steals hubcaps. We had fewer criminals when "they" were more worried about the homeowner or business owner than the cops. When more legal guns are in the hands of responsible citizens than in the hands of criminals and cops, society benefits. In this day and age, no court is on our side when it comes to crime. We are just a vehicle that allows all those people in law enforcement, prosecutors and the court system to collect a paycheck and then they'll release the criminal because of overcrowding. Overcrowded by dope smokers.

Oldest son works for the Texas prison system he told me 90% of the inmates are in for a drug related crime from murder down. Might be from robbing the 7-11 to buy dope to shooting someone over dope. Told me the inmates have told him one hit of crack you will do anything to get that high again.

Well, I've waited awhile before I got in on this . . . I don't think every citizen should be required to own a firearm. Shyt, big cities/bad people -- how scarey would THAT be! I don't have a problem with checking for criminal histories at gun shows or via dealers. You'll never get that done with private owner sales, and that only worries me w/ pistols and semi-auto weapons -- but, NO, I don't want more laws to cover that.

Do encourage your kids to take Hunter Safety courses, even if they don't hunt. They'll learn how to handle the firearms in your home (that you need to keep up and away, so the kids don't shoot themselves playing around).

I don't want the Feds to know about every firearm we own -- they don't know about every car, every chainsaw, every knife, every ladder . . . . all can injure or kill if not properly used.

JUST ENFORCE THE LAWS ALREADY IN EFFECT. I feel like :deadhorse: every time I see this stuff!

With the new patriot act Obama signed into law you can be held indefinitely for being suspected of terroristic actions. In other words if they want to put you in jail they basically can for no reason . Or use that to take away guns. We are in big trouble in the U.S . And if you hide guns from kids they want to play with them when they find them . My kids know where my guns are and they know not to touch them . I was allowed to hold guns and hunt when I was little and my kids do the same under my supervision . But guns aren't a novelty to them because they are around them all the time .

JSCATTLE":229sa26q said:
With the new patriot act Obama signed into law you can be held indefinitely for being suspected of terroristic actions. In other words if they want to put you in jail they basically can for no reason . Or use that to take away guns. We are in big trouble in the U.S . And if you hide guns from kids they want to play with them when they find them . My kids know where my guns are and they know not to touch them . I was allowed to hold guns and hunt when I was little and my kids do the same under my supervision . But guns aren't a novelty to them because they are around them all the time .

Same here and the shotgun's hanging on the wall were loaded at all times. If they weren't might as well put a stick in the gun rack. Mine could shoot anytime they wanted to all they had to was ask. Problems start when you tell a kid to never touch , because when your not looking you can bet your ass they will.

JSCATTLE":oj3ukwvv said:
JS, I agree the kids should get to know the guns. However, at my daughter's home (where only the eldest son hunts, and he's off to college in another state), there are a few hunting type guns. She doesn't know how to load/unload/fire/handle them. Her hubby knows the basics. The younger kids know nothing -- guns are on a top shelf; not in a safe. Ammo is NOT close. But I think that's a bad accident or no self-defense help waiting to happen, some day.

Gun Wisdom
Some words to the wise. Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.
B: Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.
E: Never say "Ive got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.
H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
I: If you're in a gun fight:
1/ If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2/ If you're not loading, you should be movin,
3/ If you're not movin', you're dead.
J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!
K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

Latest posts