Gun Wisdom

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Gun Wisdom---should be printed and hung in plain sight!

A WORD TO THE WISE

Comments and sayings from various Conceal Carry Instructors.

It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. And you can take that to the bank.

Words of Wisdom:
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

'Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm's length and never say "I've got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force, for heaven's sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off. They shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.'

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes, the response time of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is around 1400 feet per second.'

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you end up in a gun fight, if you're not shooting,' you should be loading.' If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', your dead."

"In a life and death situation, do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

The 1st time I applied for a CCW, the procedure was that you filled out your app, then you had a hearing in front of the local board, which consisted of the sheriff, the county attorney, and a rep from the state police. Now I was about 23/24 yrs old. I'm a tall, moderately attractive, blonde young woman asking them to grant me a carry permit because I carried large sums of money to the bank everyday as part of my job (you had to prove to them that you wanted it for a "good" reason). 2 of the 3 proceeded to verbally pat me on the head and tell me how it was, statistically, more probable that I would be killed with my own gun than be able to actually defend myself. My response to them was along the lines of the statement above. They didn't appreciate the statement, even though the guy from the state police had to suppress a smile. The permit was denied.

CottageFarm":a2zizugj said:

The 1st time I applied for a CCW, the procedure was that you filled out your app, then you had a hearing in front of the local board, which consisted of the sheriff, the county attorney, and a rep from the state police. Now I was about 23/24 yrs old. I'm a tall, moderately attractive, blonde young woman asking them to grant me a carry permit because I carried large sums of money to the bank everyday as part of my job (you had to prove to them that you wanted it for a "good" reason). 2 of the 3 proceeded to verbally pat me on the head and tell me how it was, statistically, more probable that I would be killed with my own gun than be able to actually defend myself. My response to them was along the lines of the statement above. They didn't appreciate the statement, even though the guy from the state police had to suppress a smile. The permit was denied.

That's the beauty of "Shall" issue. They don't get to be that arbitrary anymore.

I think the government will use cOncealed carry permits to round guns up. I try to buy guns second hand so they Aren't registered to me and I will never take a concealed class . I want to be able to hide a few guns and Ammo when we have to fight another revolution . Or keep the communist at bay .

JSCATTLE":2qih4qt8 said:
I think the government will use cOncealed carry permits to round guns up. I try to buy guns second hand so they Aren't registered to me and I will never take a concealed class . I want to be able to hide a few guns and Ammo when we have to fight another revolution . Or keep the communist at bay .

at some point i think all guns owned will have to be reported/registered and the penalty will be so severe it will not be woth taking a chance and they will sell it to the public as they are just trying to keep the guns away from the criminals.
then they know who, where and how many guns you have. :help:

JSCATTLE":2dxfekfp said:
But you just put this out there for anyone and everyone. Its not hard to track people down

JSCATTLE":2x6assl0 said:

Well I have the essential's 22, 12, 30-30 from back near 1900, they would have a hard time tracking down the fellows that bought these.
Man needs to know how to roll his ammo.

hooknline":2ttjqbiu said:
JSCATTLE":2ttjqbiu said:
But you just put this out there for anyone and everyone. Its not hard to track people down
Just because they find me doesn't mean they will find all the guns or ammo . I am like caustic . I have several guns that I inherited from family members from the early 1900s some bought from pawn shops where they were probably sold several times etc . IMO the best all around gun is a 22 you can carry a lot of ammo with out a lot of weight and if you can shoot u can kill just about anything you want to with it . I have a couple 5 gallon buckets of shells sealed up .

cross_7":26643w3r said:
JSCATTLE":26643w3r said:

at some point i think all guns owned will have to be reported/registered and the penalty will be so severe it will not be woth taking a chance and they will sell it to the public as they are just trying to keep the guns away from the criminals.

I disagree. I believe that with the exception of certain flaming liberal states the 2nd ammendment is alive and well in this country. Thanks to the salesman of the century sitting in the White House more folks that ever are armed and cognizant of their right to protect themselves and their families.

I 'am not a big 9mm fan, but everyone needs a couple in their possession. If the b nice hits the fan 9mm ammo should be some of the easiest to aquire. But I will add that everyone needs plenty of 22 ammo.

3waycross":37shxwvw said:
cross_7":37shxwvw said:
JSCATTLE":37shxwvw said:

I disagree. I believe that with the exception of certain flaming liberal states the 2nd ammendment is alive and well in this country. Thanks to the salesman of the century sitting in the White House
more folks that ever are armed and cognizant of their right to protect themselves and their families.
:nod: it's about the only silver lining in this entire mess.

If you stick with 45's, 44's, 38's, 9's and your shotgun's the only powder you need to store up is Unique or Universal.
I have a nice stockpile of solid brass shotgun shell's they will last forever. If push comes to shove I have reloading data for all the popular rifle, pistol and shotgun loads in black powder.

cross_7":zxqb3xn8 said:
JSCATTLE":zxqb3xn8 said:

Well, the Canadian government thought it would work, look what happened last week in alberta, Psycho ex boyfriend rams ex girlfriends car off the road and kills 3 or 4 people using 4 REGISTERED guns... The cops were saying "yep, these are his guns" as if it would help anything.

Is sure I will stir the pile, but from my perspective, I would like to see a registration for guns as we do vehicles in the US. I can't count the number of guns I have tried to trace back to the original purchaser, and then dig deeper to find the gun was stolen. Thugs will find guns and use them as well, it would be nice to see how many hands they have passed through legally before they are recovered I don't remember ever tracing one back the original purchaser who used it illegally, aside from suicides and justifiable shootings. I have guns, and support everyone's right to own as many as they want. Would this be used to confiscate them later? I doubt it, but I understand concerns. Law abiding citizens have the right, thugs could care less. I am just looking for another tool to use in putting the bad guys away.

You put bad guys away by killin them. If a felon is caught with a gun he should be executed. Problem solved.

I agree, but you cant catch them all in the act. I won't agree with execution of a felon with a gun, but mandatory five years in the pen with absolutely no parole would not be cruel and unusual, and might be a deterrent. A dent, but the hardcores will do as they please, regardless of the consequences.

Double E":1k9i2f0t said:
Is sure I will stir the pile, but from my perspective, I would like to see a registration for guns as we do vehicles in the US. I can't count the number of guns I have tried to trace back to the original purchaser, and then dig deeper to find the gun was stolen. Thugs will find guns and use them as well, it would be nice to see how many hands they have passed through legally before they are recovered I don't remember ever tracing one back the original purchaser who used it illegally, aside from suicides and justifiable shootings. I have guns, and support everyone's right to own as many as they want. Would this be used to confiscate them later? I doubt it, but I understand concerns. Law abiding citizens have the right, thugs could care less. I am just looking for another tool to use in putting the bad guys away.

So after reading these two statements could you explain what the purpose of registration would be other than to satisfy your curiosity?

Latest posts